Mr. Lioce has been practicing law for over 33 years, during which he has devoted most of his professional time in the corporate and taxation areas. As a consequence, he has extensive experience in the following areas:
• Tax Research and Planning
• General Business Law, including a wide variety of planning, structuring and completing business arrangements and transactions. This work includes mergers and acquisitions, negotiating and preparing of all types of business contracts including shareholder agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements, supply agreements, distributorship agreements, license agreements, employment and consulting agreements and financing agreements.
• Negotiating, preparing and revising real estate, business, trust and estate documents of all types
• Distressed Loans
• Entity Planning
• Employee Stock Ownership Plans ("ESOPs")
• Captive Insurance Companies
• Taxation of Real Estate
• Business Succession Planning
Mr. Lioce has received broad recognition by his peers in the tax law area including but not limited to the following:
• Rated "AV" by Martindale-Hubbell,
Peer Review Rating of 5.0 out of 5.0
• Listed, South Florida's Top Lawyers, 2010 and 2011 Edition
• Listed, Florida Super Lawyers, 2010, 2011 and 2012 Edition
• Listed, Best Lawyers in America in Tax Law, 2010 and 2011 Edition
Mr. Lioce is a key note speaker at numerous seminars every year and has written many articles over the years.
• Choice of Entity, Florida Bar Tax Certification Exam Outline, updated February, 2007
• "Partnership of P.A.'s", Palm Beach County Bar Bulletin, 1980
• "The New Incentive Stock Option Created Under The Economic Recovery Act of 1982", Palm Beach County Bar Bulletin, 1982
• "The 1986 Tax Reform Act", Palm Beach County Bar Bulletin, 1986
• "Contesting Commercial Property Assessments", Palm Beach Post and The South Florida Business Journal, 1991 and again in 1992
• Co-Author - "The Florida Revised Uniform Partnership Act", Florida Bar Tax Section Bulletin, Fall 1995
• Co-Author - "Partnership Law Update", Journal of Partnership Taxation, Winter 1995
• Author - "Disregarded Entities" for the Florida Bar Tax Section (2001)
• Author - "Time to Convert" for the Florida Bar Tax Section (2002)
• Former Editor - "The Tax Corner" for the Palm Beach County Bar Association
• Don't Be a "C" If You Can Help It"
• "New Tax Rules Remove Roadblock to Limiting Liability"
• "Unreasonable Low Compensation: The Story of the Three Little Pigs"
• "Entity Tax Planning", updated January 2010, and presented to Florida Tax Lawyers sitting for the Tax Certification Exam and at the Annual Tax Symposium of the Florida CPA
• "Olmstead: The Biggest Chink in the Armor", July 21, 2010 published in the Florida Bar Tax Section Bulletin
• "Chinks in the Armor: Current Trends in Limited Liability Company Structure After Olmstead", January 2011 published in the Florida Bar Journal