Millicent K. Channell, DO, FAAO; and Sajid A. Surve, DO.
This course is designed for physicians who are novices at sonographic guidance for injections. Under the direction of physiatrist Sajid Surve, DO, course participants will be introduced to the basic principles of ultrasound, learn proper injection techniques with ultrasound guidance and learn proper billing and coding for this procedure. Cadavers will be available for practice, and table trainers will facilitate a low faculty-to-participant ratio. The course will focus on the injection of the major joints: glenohumeral, sacroiliac, hip, and knee. (download course flyer)
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Apply the basic principles of musculoskeletal ultrasound
• Comfortably navigate the necessary equipment required for sonographic guidance of injections
• Utilize proper injection techniques under sonographic guidance for the glenohumeral, sacroiliac, hip and knee joints.
• Bill, code and document correctly for ultrasound-guided injections
• Avoid common pitfalls associated with the above procedures
One Medical Center Drive
Stratford, NJ 08084
Friday, September 7, 2012; 8:00 am - 5:30 pm (lunch provided)
Saturday, September 8, 2012; 8:00 am - 5:30 pm (lunch provided)
16 hours of AOA Category 1-A credit is anticipated