A large number of adults who attend adult education classes have a diagnosed or undiagnosed learning disability and/or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. These disabilities and other special learning needs will be specifically addressed in this workshop.
The objectives of this training are to provide participants with:
· an understanding of adults with and without special earning needs;
· an understanding of the differences between adults with low literacy skills, those with special learning needs, and those with low literacy skills;
· the knowledge of self-esteem and social skill issues, the effects and possible solutions to address them;
· an understanding of the differences between assessments, diagnosis, teacher questionnaires, etc.;
· the ability to gather information on their adult education students that will lead to appropriate interventions; and
· effective instructional tools to use with all students in adult education programs including those with special learning needs.