April 6, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
This is a one-day course is designed to provide preparation for individuals wishing to take the Registered Phlebology Sonographer (RPhS) Exam.
Topics to be addressed:
- Lower Extremity Venous and Arterial Anatomy - Including Cross Sectional Anatomy
- Venous Thrombosis & Venous Hemodynamics
- Pelvic Venous Anatomy and Pathophysiology
- Patient History and Physical Examination
- Overview of Venous Disease: CEAP Classification and VCSS
- Indirect Testing – Venous and Arterial
- Ultrasound Physics & Principles
- Performance of a Lower Extremity Venous Duplex Examination
- Maintain Information, Facility & Safety
- Non-Surgical Management of CVI, Lymphedema & Phlebolymphedema
- Treatment Options for Chronic Venous Disease
- Pre, During & Post Intervention Ultrasound