Access Industry Knowledge
For more information on these programs please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A weekly collection of breaking national and local news of importance to fraternal societies. This highly ranked Alliance resource features content covering topics such as legislative actions, insurance, marketing and much more.
Consumer Research for Fraternals
The Alliance is committed to conducting consumer research to help our member societies to perform better in the insurance marketplace.
Annual Financial Analysis
As a valuable member benefit, the American Fraternal Alliance annually provides each US-based society with detailed analysis designed to calculate and evaluate a society’s results for eleven relevant financial ratios. The analysis also compares financial ratios to a fraternal benefit society benchmark and a commercial life insurer benchmark. The objective of this analysis is to provide members with objective and impartial information to better understand your society’s financial condition, identify areas of strengths and weaknesses, and take the steps necessary to enhance the fiscal health of your organization. For questions on this analysis, please contact email@example.com.
Fraternal Governance Survey
The results from 40 survey questions on fraternal governance practices are illustrated in graph form, by asset class, with expert opinions provided by fraternal and non-profit governance experts.
Fraternal Compensation and Employee Benefits Survey
The Alliance has conducted a thorough compensation and benefits survey to arm fraternal leaders with information to create a competitive package when compensating a CEO, senior management and staffers unique to the fraternal system.
- 34 societies representing small, medium and large fraternals participated by supplying 2011 data.
- 15 jobs are surveyed: CEO, Secretary/COO, Treasurer, Top Compliance Position, Top Fraternal Position, Top HR Position, Top IT Position, Top Marketing & Communications Position, Top Sales Position, Top Underwriting Position, Fraternal Benefits Director, Medical Director, Magazine Editor, and Fraternal Lodge Liaison.
- Board member retainer fees are included, too!
- Results are reported by asset class and by Metro-/Non Metro locations.
- Benchmarking of all categories is provided.
- Medical plan designs are addressed in great detail.
- Other important areas included: merit increases, COLA, types of bonuses including certification, and vacation.