The charge of the network is to work in conjunction with the AIC Board Director for Professional Education and an assigned staff liaison to:
• Maintain a forum and network for AIC members who are entering the field of conservation. This includes: undergraduate students, pre-program individuals, graduate students, recent graduates, and early-career professionals.
• Advocate on behalf of and support the inclusion of emerging professionals within AIC. Assist AIC in enhancing ways to serve members who are just entering the field of conservation and help members as they transition from student to conservation professional. Recommend and/or provide educational and professional development opportunities for emerging conservation professionals.
• Promote collaboration and enhance dialogue with other AIC Networks, Specialty Groups, Committees, Working Groups, and Task Forces, and with professionals in allied fields.
• Encourage attainment of AIC professional membership designation to promote the importance of professional standing within the field.
• Engage in initiatives and activities to promote inclusivity, equity, and diversity within the field of conservation.
• Promote importance of service and contribution to the profession; encourage members to engage in outreach and advocacy for the field.
• Foster communication between emerging and experienced conservation professionals.
• Enhance dialogue between AIC and graduate-level conservation training programs.