Geotechnical Properties and Engineering Problems of Some of the North Central Texas Clay-Shales – Regional Geology Case History Series
Author: Robert Font, PhD, CPG, PG, EurGeol
Cretaceous shales in the north-central Texas area give rise to engineering problems. This online short course covers:
- Regional geologic setting, structure and stratigraphy.
- Specific material geotechnical properties including:
- Clay mineralogy, values of Atterberg limits and indices, potential volume change, shear strength, etc.
- Engineering problems and solutions concerning:
- Accurate shear strength determination as dictated by field conditions, mass wasting, swell pressures and more.
* Order the Course with 0.6 CEU Credit - AIPG Accredited (0.6 CEU max. with completion of course and multiple choice exam)
* Order the Course with 0.5 CEU Credit - AIPG Accredited (0.5 CEU awarded with completion of course without exam)
* Order the CD only
Upon completion of the course, a certificate will be provided from AIPG.
*Please allow up to 48 hours to receive a separate email with your login information.