After 134 years of our Annual Convention each June, ASTA has taken a bold step in 2018. We are proud to introduce you to an entirely new event.
Welcome to the inaugural Policy & Leadership Development Conference (PLDC).
Registration is now open.
What’s different this year? Just about everything:
- Your experience is guided by the central strategic issues that our industry is facing, through essential learning tracks on Innovation, Trade/International, Sustainability and Leadership Development. Our conference schedule has been laid out in color codes to help you discover and plan for your own learning interests. But please – don’t feel that you have to stick to one track. Our new schedule design ensures that you have a chance to experience all of them.
- We’ve flipped the script. ASTA’s “Storm the Hill Day” came first in the past, followed by the ASTA programming on the subsequent days. The new PLDC schedule leads with strategic conference programming, including policy and advocacy sessions, ensuring you’re well-prepared to share your message on Capitol Hill on the last two days of the conference.
- Will you accept the challenge? Bring us your rising stars for our special Leadership Development track of learning experiences, designed to enable these individuals to become an even greater asset to your company – and to prepare them to take on the leadership of the seed industry in their future careers. With each registered delegate, nominate at least one person from your company as an “Emerging Leader” and receive $200 off their registration rate. And this is only the beginning. Stay tuned for information, coming soon, on how your emerging leaders can begin earning a new ASTA certification by attending conference sessions this year.
- Washington D.C. moves at a fast pace PLDC will too. Keep up the momentum with our new PLDC (Policy & Leadership Development Conference) “Lightning Talks” – each 15 minutes or less – to hear from everyone from political insiders to industry innovators and much more.
- Spouses and family guests are not bystanders at PLDC. Family guests will get a special invitation to Sunday’s “Better Seed, Better Life” interactive learning luncheon. Participants will come away energized and prepared to share their stories as everyday seed ambassadors when they get back home. Then, our optional tour entitled “How Spouses Shape Diplomacy” will offer an eye-opening historical look at the finest historic homes in Washington, D.C. and the key strategic purpose that social gatherings have played in D.C. politics over the years.
What’s not different this year?
- The ASTA sense of community!
- Our favorite traditions like the Welcome Reception, being held this year at the breathtaking the U.S. Botanic Gardens, and the always-glamorous Gala Banquet.
- Our focus on cross-sector policy development!
Join us in Washington D.C. for this legacy event, and be one of those who can say, “I was among the first to take part in a brand new ASTA conference.”
NOTE: Once registered, you can nominate an "Emerging Leader" at your company to be registered at $200 off the prices below. Use the ASTA registration form to nominate your colleague for this program.