Ethics for LDAs: Part II
The LDA Perspective
Featured Speaker: Kerry Spence, LDA
This 1 hour teleclass training will focus on the unique ethical dilemmas regularly faced by LDAs.
KERRY SPENCE will share her perspective on ethics as an LDA/paralegal pioneer and a seasoned business owner with over 40 years of experience. KERRY was a 20-year assistant professor at Sonoma State University where she taught the course, How to Operate a Successful Paralegal/LDA Practice.
Some of the areas that KERRY will cover are:
- Historical perspective of the LDA profession
- Ethics of the legal access crisis
- Client contracts - how to use them without scaring your clients
- The ethics of quality and value
- Using the attorney/LDA combination – how to protect yourself and your clients
- The easy to apply formula to avoid UPL
- Ethics of charging fees
- Ethics of discussing fees with colleagues
- Ethics of labels used in the LDA profession
DATE: June 22, 2017
TIME: 7:00 — 8:00 PM
**Registration is a Must**
MCLE / CLE APPROVED (1 hour credit)
Access Code Provided Upon Registration
COST: FREE TO MEMBERS
NON/INACTIVE MEMBERS: $50.00
This teleclass is for 1 MCLE credit.
CALDA MCLE Provider number 11548
These teleclasses are not to be construed to the public as legal advice. These teleclasses are exclusively for the educational purposes of CALDA members. If someone is seeking legal advice, please contact an attorney.