Sep 23, 2014 08:00am - Sep 25, 2014 05:00pm
Event Type: Workshop
Category: Technical Workshop
CFAI Self-Assessment Workshop (2 days)
This 16-hour workshop assists fire and emergency service leaders in preparing for and working toward accreditation through a unique self-assessment model. This workshop provides valuable information on conducting an agency self-assessment and how to prepare for an on-site peer assessment visit.
- Explains the benefits of self-assessment and, ultimately, accreditation.
- Defines the planning requirements for self-assessment.
- Reviews the self-assessment process and the performance activities that define it.
- Prepares fire and emergency service personnel for a successful self-assessment.
- Prepares fire and emergency service personnel for an on-site peer evaluation.
Each student receives a workshop participant manual and the latest edition of the Fire and Emergency Service Self-Assessment Manual (FESSAM).
CFAI Basic Standards of Cover (SOC) Workshop (1 day)
This eight-hour workshop equips fire service personnel to rationally plan for and justify various levels of service. The workshop uses an overview of resource deployment planning and community risk analysis to cover the latest tools for calculating and analyzing risk?and the latest processes for mapping deployment and deployment coverage areas, such as Geographic Information System (GIS) software packages.
- Explains a process that allows agencies to determine their level of service performance in a consistent manner.
- Reviews the CFAI definition of the planning requirements to be considered in the self-assessment process.
- Defines methods agencies can use to determine the levels of service appropriate for its responsibilities and risks.
- Defines methods of developing a Standards of Response Coverage report.
Each student receives a workshop participant manual and the latest edition of the CFAI Standards of Cover manual.
|Early registration ends on Oct 17, 2013.|
Regular registration starts on Oct 18, 2013 and ends on Sep 15, 2014.
Late registration starts on Sep 16, 2014.
All times are 12:00am (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).
|Fee Type||Member Fee||Non-Member Fee|
| CFAI Self-Assessment & SOC (All 3 days)|
| CFAI Self-Assessment Workshop ONLY (2 days)|
| CFAI SOC Workshop ONLY (Last day/one day only)|