Classifying Hazardous Materials for Transportation
This 3 day course focuses on obtaining and applying information necessary to classify hazardous materials for transportation. It will include a detailed discussion of each hazard class and division (other than Classes 1, 6.2 and 7).
Meets applicable requirements for initial and recurrent training.
||"HMR" means U.S. DOT's 49 CFR "Hazardous Materials Regulations"
- A Copy of the HMR
- A Course Textbook
- Various handouts including a compliance guide/checklist
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Daily
- Adjourn at 1:00 PM on the last day
- Please arrive and sign-in between 7:30 - 8:00 AM on the first day
- Definition and Classification of Hazardous Materials
- Hazard Classes/Divisions
- Packing Groups
- Precedence of Hazards for Multiple-Class Materials
- Combustible Liquids
- Hazardous Substances
- Marine Pollutants
- Elevated Temperature Materials
- Materials Poisonous by Inhalation (TIH Materials)
- Proper Shipping Name Selection