ICD-10 Intermediate Coding for Home Health Workshop
Presented by Lisa Selman-Holman
Two Full Day Workshop
October 10 & 11, 2017
Embassy Suites, Baton Rouge, LA
Click HERE for Brochure
Don't Forget to Bring Your Current ICD-10 Coding Manual to the Workshop!
October 1, 2017 brings us new codes, new instructional notes and new guidelines, all of which have been incorporated in this new class. Lisa is including more information regarding wound coding vs OASIS by special request. Experience the technical changes, documentation changes and efficiency changes that come with the new ICD-10 codes while ensuring you are proficient to code in ICD-10. You will walk away with in-depth working knowledge of ICD-10 coding, prepared for the ICD-10 certification test, and strategies for compliance with ICD-10.
1. Identify new and changed codes and guidance.
2. Explain the relevance of OASIS data items to diagnoses to payment.
3. Prioritize diagnoses based on clinical assessment and planned interventions.
4. Apply specific sequencing rules as required by the conventions and Official Coding Guidelines.
5. Explain coding of diagnoses of infections, neoplasms, endocrine disorders such as diabetes, anemias, mental disorders, and the nervous system.
6. Explain coding of diagnoses of cardio respiratory illnesses, cerebrovascular disease and GI & GU disorders.
7. Explain coding of diagnoses of the musculoskeletal system, injuries and poisonings, including the optional use of V, W, X and Y codes.
8. Describe the purpose and appropriate use of Z codes.9. Use the coding manual to find codes and sequence diagnoses for home care scenarios in ICD-10-CM.
Lisa Selman-Holman, JD, BSN, RN, HCS-D, COS-C, HCS-O. Thirty years in home care and hospice as a RN and Attorney practicing exclusively with home care agencies and hospices. Lisa is owner of Selman-Holman & Associates, LLC & CoDR-Coding Done Right & Code Pro University. Chair national advisory board for the Board of Medical Specialty Coding and Compliance (BMSCC) for HCS-D & HCS-O for OASIS Competency.
4917 Constitution Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Room Block Rate of $129.00 per night, click HERE to book online or use code HCA when calling.
Before October 3, 2017 - $445.00 Member, $695.00 Non-Member
After October 3, 2017 - $495.00 Member, $745.00 Non-Member
|Early registration ends on Aug 13, 2017.|
Regular registration starts on Aug 14, 2017 and ends on Oct 03, 2017.
Late registration starts on Oct 04, 2017.
(GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
|Member Fee: ||$445.00||$445.00||$495.00 |
|Non-Member Fee: ||$695.00||$695.00||$745.00|