As the workforce ages and the competition for skilled employees become even tighter, the need to be proactive and implement a Succession Management plan is imperative to the future success of your program and your organization.
Too often, however, Succession Planning left to the last moment when the process should start with the selection and retention of employees occupying key roles within your organization or program and where a vacancy causes negative effects on your program and organization outcomes. Having the right people positioned for succession ensures short-term success and the sustainability of your organization.
This training can help you focus on the essential steps in the succession-planning and management process, by providing you with tools to help you develop an effective plan.
Succession Planning and Management Framework – Model
Succession Planning Process and Development
Workforce Planning Analysis
The Succession Plan
1. Learn a framework/model for succession planning
2. Identify and define the scope for succession planning
3. Learn the components and structure of succession planning
4. Learn how to: determine future staffing supply and demand; conduct a workforce gap analysis and identify gap priorities.
5. Understand the importance of knowledge management and how to develop a knowledge management strategy.
6. Understand the importance of mentoring and leadership development to effective succession planning
7. Learn how to develop a succession plan
Pre Training Assignments
1. Organizational - Program Assessment:
Complete Succession Planning and Management Organizational Readiness Assessment
2. Obtain and bring to the training the following information:
Number of employees
The number of potential retirements in the next 3 – 5 years and in what positions.
Strategic Plan (if available)
Participants will use workforce information and data from their own organization or program to help inform a draft or outline for a succession plan.