Application Deadline: October 15
Download application (Editable PDF)
The Illinois ASBO Lighthouse Award was established to recognize outstanding practices and new ideas that result in significant contributions to school entities, the profession of school business management or Illinois ASBO, and can be replicated by other school business officials.
Awards will be presented for the categories of individual applicant, team applicant, and non-member applicant. Awards will be presented as follows:
- Individual Applicant - Cash donation* of $1,000 to employing school district on behalf of the individual and a plaque.
- Team Applicant - Cash donation* of $1,000 and certificate of recognition for each team member.
- Non-member Applicant - Plaque.
*The cash donations are to be used for student scholarships or given to a charitable organization that provides programs and services for children.
Lighthouse Award Recipients
2016 - John Fuhrer, Dir./Operations, Facilities & Trans., North Shore SD 112
- Scott R. Mackall, CPMM, CPS, Asst. Dir./Operations & facilities, North Shore SD 112
2012 - Gary B. Stanley, Hickory Hills, IL
2010 - Bert G. Nuehring, Partner, Crowe Horwath LLP, Oak Brook, IL
2006 - Vickie L. Nissen, Asst. Supt./Business, Downers Grove SD 58, Downers Grove, IL
- Todd R. Drafall, Dir./Administrative Services, Aurora West SD 129, Aurora, IL
- Susan P. Bertrand, Senior Portfolio Advisor, PMA Financial Network, Inc., Warrenville, IL
2005 - Craig A. Schilling, Asst. Supt./Business Affairs, Glenbrook HSD 225, Glenview, IL