IHLA is the strong and collective voice for IHLA members in advocating the industry's position on political, legislative, and regulatory issues that have the potential to impact the success of our hotel members in Illinois. With full-time lobbying efforts, IHLA protects the hotel industry and keeps hospitality businesses in the forefront.
IHLA works closely with the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AH&LA), the powerful national voice driving effective advocacy for the hospitality industry. IHLA members receive legislative alerts on priority issues at the national and state level.
- Listing on IHLA consumer (StayIllinois.com) and member (IllinoisHotels.org) websites with hotel website link and photo
- Welcome announcement in IHLA monthly e-newsletter (Distributed to 2,000+ recipients) with hotel website link and logo
- Welcome announcement on IHLA Facebook and Twitter pages with hotel website link and logo
- Expert advice on legal and operational issues that your property may face
- Access to constantly updated IHLA membership contact list
- Access to current hotel statistics including Regional STR forecast reports ($2,800 value)
- Access to Members Only Resources section of IllinoisHotels.org
- Monthly e-newsletter containing national and local industry updates, current IHLA event and program information, member news and accolades, and more
- E-blasts with legislative updates and upcoming IHLA event and program news
- Complimentary webinars
Invitations to Exclusive IHLA Networking Events, Meetings, & Seminars
- Lobby Day
- Hospitality Gala
- Hospitality Awards Luncheon at the NRA Show
- Pony Up for the Kids
- Super Golf Classic
- Stars of the Industry Regional Luncheons
- State Stars of the Industry & Membership Holiday Luncheon
- Bi-monthly Council of Hotel General Managers Breakfast Meetings
- Under 30 Gateway Networking Events
- Illinois Women in Lodging Networking Events
- Educational Foundation Seminars
- And more!
Exclusive Discounts & Resources from Our Partners
- Constellation Energy Program: IHLA members can manage energy costs in new and powerful ways to achieve budget certainty, cost savings, and financial protection with Constellation’s full range of integrated energy solutions.
- Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Program: IHLA members can work with Ameren Illinois to become more energy-efficient while receiving cash back incentives.
- Access to IHLA Disaster Hotline Powered by ServiceMaster DSI: Assistance with Fire, Water, Trauma, & Mold Issues (For Central & Southern Illinois)
Opportunity to Participate in Exclusive IHLA Programs
Stars of the Industry Employee Recognition Program
Employee recognition and retention are invaluable elements to the success of hotels. IHLA's Stars of the Industry Awards Program was established in 1996 to honor IHLA member hotel employees for their outstanding accomplishments, service, and leadership in the hospitality and lodging industry. IHLA members gather at annual Stars of the Industry Award Luncheons to recognize these exceptional individuals. All nominees are listed on the IHLA member website (IllinoisHotels.org) and in the Stars of the Industry event program book and receive a recognition certificate.
The StayGreen Program was launched by IHLA in 2008 to recognize its hotel members that proactively utilize eco-friendly products, programs, and energy to reduce their impact on the environment. Once hotels earn the StayGreen designation, they are provided with various outlets to market themselves as a green-minded hotel, giving them a competitive advantage with more exposure to and business from meeting planners and leisure travelers who prioritize eco-conscious hotels.
Illinois Women in Lodging (I-WIL)
The Illinois Women in Lodging (I-WIL) Chapter gives female hospitality professionals throughout Illinois access to high powered women who empower other women. I-WIL provides an opportunity for women to connect with top professionals, gain career momentum, and enhance their personal and professional development. I-WIL is focused on removing barriers and providing solutions, fostering the development of women to obtain leadership competencies that contribute to the achievement of overall career growth, and engaging women in the political process as it relates to the hospitality industry.
Under 30 Gateway Illinois Chapter
The Under 30 Gateway Illinois Chapter addresses the personal and professional needs of young hospitality professionals between the ages of 21-29. Benefits and resources are inspired and implemented by the American Hotel & Lodging Association Under 30 Council. Through events, resources, and networking, Gateway members build strategic relationships, get top-level industry insight, and stand out from the crowd.
Customized membership options are available.
For questions about becoming an IHLA Member & more information about customized packages, please contact:
Susannah Flanner - Chicagoland & Northern Illinois
Director of Membership/Strategic Partnerships
Scott Dahl - Central & Southern Illinois
Regional Director of Membership