This three-part course will teach you how to build a Technology Strategy that aligns with the Human Capital Management (HCM) strategy. The HCM Technology Strategy is a roadmap for the tools that are purchased and deployed in support of HCM processes in an organization. Through case studies and instruction, attendees will learn each step of the process. Included will be tips on key elements to consider in building the business case for the strategy as well as best practices in executing the strategy.
As a result of attending this course, you will:
- Understand the importance of an HCM Technology Strategy and how this fits into the overall HCM and Organization strategy
- Learn a method for creating the strategy
- Understand the business case components and how to build the business case
- Have a template for creating the HCM Technology Strategy presentation for approval to Sr. Management
9/19/2017 Session One:
- Introductions and Session Objectives
- HCM Technology Strategy Overview
- Discovery Phase
9/21/2017 Session Two:
- Development Phase
- Technology Strategies Samples
9/26/2017 Session Three:
- Components that make the Business Case
- Strategy Management and Governance Best Practices
- Wrap Up
Who Should Attend:
This course is intended for HR, HRIT and IT Professionals at an early/mid stage of their career who have never created a Technology Strategy for HCM.
This session been approved for recertification credit hours toward HRIP (Human Resource Information Professional) recertification.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
IHRIM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.