A list of our committees is presented below:
- Call Scripts - MA Advisory Subcommittee
Call Scripts - MA Advisory Subcommittee
- Connecticut Advisory Committee
- Construction Standards Working group
Develop common regional construction and maintenance standards. Membership: Manager/Supervisor/Engineer responsible for construction and maintenance activities
- Contractor Committee
- Corrosion Committee
Provide a forum for corrosion professionals to meet with peers giving them access to new ideas, information, and a vehicle for addressing issues collaboratively.
- Damage Prevention Committee
Work with regional one call centers, the Common Ground Alliance, contractors, and regulators to identify and implement new processes, technology, and best practices leading to continuous improvements in facility damages.
- Distribution Integrity Management Working Group
Develop and Implement a Regional Distribution Integrity Management Program
- Emergency Management Committee
Plan, conduct, and review annual operations emergency mutual aid drill
- Emergency Response Portal E-Learning Working Group
- Engineering Design Review Working Group
Engineering Design Review Working Group
- Engineering Training Program Working Group
- Environmental Matter Committee
NGA's Environmental Matters Committee is comprised of environmental representatives from local distribution companies, interstate pipelines, and LNG members. It reviews and assesses federal and state regulatory requirements and proceedings, and occasionally provides comments on environmental issues from a regional perspective through NGA.
- Gas Control Committee
NGA's Gas Committee was established by NYGAS (now NGA) over 20 years ago, under the direction of the New York Public Service Commission. Its purpose was to establish and oversee gas pooling procedures and a protocol for New York’s LDCs to work together in case of a supply emergency in New York State. In 2003, GOCON’s membership was expanded to include New England, and, more recently, New Jersey. It is comprised of gas control personnel from local distribution companies, interstate pipelines, and LNG members. Each spring, the committee conducts a communications drill; each fall, the committee conducts a supply delivery drill. The committee also monitors federal regulatory developments impacting control room management, gas supply, etc.
- GOS - Ad Hoc, Certificate Program
This Ad Hoc committee comprised of Gas Operation School members, is responsible for interpreting the standards for CEUs, to determine what is needed to apply for 2012, and establishing what area in operations will be the focus.
- GOS - Executive Committee-Chairs and Vice Chairs
The Executive Committee of the Gas Operations School consists of each of the sub-committee chairs and vice chairs
- GOS - Gas Operations School
Develop and coordinate annual gas operations school providing technical and management training to distribution, transmission, and contractor personnel.
- GOS Special Assignments
Committee members not included in the 5 core subcommittees, but with special assignments created by current trends
- GOS Subcommittee Corrosion Control
- GOS Subcommittee Customer Service
- GOS Subcommittee Distribution
- GOS Subcommittee Gas Supply
- GOS Subcommittee Measurement and Control
- GOS Subcommittee Operations OQ
The Distribution Subcommittee split into two subcommittees at meeting Oct. 7, 2013
- Inspector Training Program Working Group
- Leak Classification - MA Advisory Subcommittee
Leak Classification - MA Advisory Subcommittee