Cybersecurity. What used to be a concern for only big companies storing customer, client, or patient data is now becoming a concern for the everyday consumer, nonprofit executives and, their professional advisers. In light of almost daily news of one organization or another suffering serious financial and reputational loss as the result of a data security breach, the best way for an organization to protect themselves is to learn more.
Karen and David will explain the kinds of cyber threats facing nonprofits today and how organizations can best prepare for a data breach or cyber-attack.
They will discuss:
• The landscape of existing federal and state laws you must consider in connection with cybersecurity;
• Your cybersecurity and data breach notification responsibilities;
• Recent federal cybersecurity enforcement actions, penalties and trends (Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications Commission);
• How you can assess and mitigate your risks; and
• The growing necessity of cyber insurance.
CPE & CLE credits are available for this program; to receive credit you must register through Nonprofit Issues.