Alliance for Nonprofit Resources (ANR), the Community Action Association of Pennsylvania (CAAP), and the Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations (PANO)are proud to be teaming up for a second time to present the 2018 collaborative conference on October 4 & 5 in state college.
This year’s theme – Inclusion by Design 2.0: Our Collective Mosaic – is building on the successes, lessons learned, and questions raised at the 2017 collaborative conference. We are rolling up our sleeves to dig deeper into our own assumptions and to embrace inclusion as an integral part of how we define and how we achieve success in our work.
The beauty of inclusion is that it is a chameleon – for some, it’s about designing services to be widely accessible to people of different ability levels, cultural, religious, or economic backgrounds, sexual orientations. For others, it’s about considering new faces to invite to the table, whether that be the board table, the funding table, the staff table or something else entirely.
No matter what inclusion means to you, we’d like for all learners to walk away understanding how to approach inclusion with purpose – as a mindset and not a requirement. Join us in celebrating and embracing diversity, uniqueness and the art of intentional inclusion!
Here is a sneak peak of the workshop tracks:
- Communications: tips, tools, and practice to create improve communication plans, storytelling, social media strategy, and more
- Community Action: the latest & greatest developments & updates specifically geared toward community action agencies across PA
- Leadership Development: tips, tools, and practice for staff at all levels of leadership, from interns and front-line staff, to executive directors and board chairs, to optimize performance
- Legal Compliance and Ethics: practical updates on new or changing industry standards, best practices, and policies relating to inclusion, especially around board governance and HR
- Panel Discussion: stories of the challenges, missteps, successes, and practical advice from real organizations who are boldly innovating and experimenting with inclusion
- Power of People: tips, tools, and practice for relationship building, cultural appreciation, working together, and more
- Resource Development: fundraising and other forms of resource development rooted in intentional inclusion
Registration now open! For more information and the register, visit the conference website! Interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at the conference? Check out those opportunities here!