The Parking Association of the Virginias has a continuing interest in supporting education and the educational opportunities of its members, their employees and dependents. Accordingly, PAV has established a scholarship program to achieve the following goals:
- Assist students with a demonstrated financial need to defray their college expenses.
- Recognize academically talented students and assist them in attending the institution of their choice.
- Provide financial aid to support the association’s commitment to advance educational opportunities.
Depending on the number of applicants and the association’s available funds, up to $1,000 per year will be granted under this program. Applicants may apply in multiple years although preference will be given to those who have not won previously.
Those residents of Virginia and West Virginia eligible to apply are or will be graduates of a public or private secondary school who are:
- A son, daughter or spouse of a full-time employee of the parking related division/subdivision of a firm, institution, municipality or other political subdivision which is a current and previous year member of the association. The parent or spouse must have been employed for three (3) years as of January 1st of the year the applicant is applying for the scholarship.
- A full-time or part-time employee of a firm which is a current and previous year member of the association. The employee must have been employed for at least one (1) year as of January 1st of the year he or she is applying for the scholarship.
- A currently enrolled or have letter of acceptance as an undergraduate college student.
- Applications are available by emailing Frank Kollsmansperger at email@example.com or clicking here
- Applications and all related materials must be received between August 15 and November 1.
- Applicants may be required to appear before the Scholarship Committee for personal interview.
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Motivation to Study
- Communication Skills
- Intent to complete program of study
Applicants will be reviewed by academic professionals independent of the PAV Scholarship Committee.
The successful applicant(s) will be notified by mail by October 1. A check will be written from PAV directly to the academic institution per the applicant(s) instruction.