PAV Upcoming Event
Annual Spring Workshop
April 27-28, 2017
Fredericksburg Historic District
Caroline Street Fredericksburg VA, 22401
Registration Now Open! Click on Register for Events
When you register and pay for the PAV Spring Workshop (April 27-28), the Municipal Workshop on April 27 is included.
The PAV Municipal Workshop (April 27 only) is Free to Municipalities. All other attendees must be registered for the Spring Workshop to to attend. The cost to attend the Spring Workshop is $50 - Members; $60 Non - Members.
To register for the Municipal Day Only, click on the Register for Events Link and then the Sessions Tab.
Thursday, April 27th - MUNICIPAL WORKSHOP
9:00 am – 10:00 am Registration and Coffee
10:00 am – 10:30 am Introductions and greetings
10:30 am – 11:30 am Parking Enforcement
Technology Trends: App Based Enforcement, LPR Enforcement, Integration of Enforcement Systems and Pay Applications, Self-Enforcing Meters and other Emerging Technologies
- To Boot or Tow; Lessons Learned
- Discussion about privatizing/outsourcing on street enforcement.
- Managing “blocked off spaces” such as handicapped, loading zones, special events, trash pickup areas
Speakers: Chris Polk, Republic Parking, Ed Kinkade, Parkeon, Inc., Rob Fries, City of Virginia Beach
11:30 am – 12:30 pm Creating and Establishing a Parking Program: To Charge for Parking or Not Charge for Parking
- How and when to implement paid parking
- Transitioning from free or time restricted parking to paid parking
- Gaining public acceptance of paid on-street or off-parking
- Now What - How to manage your paid parking system
Speaker: Rob Maroney, LAZ Parking, Jim Leida, NuPark, David Taxman, Desman
12:30 pm – 2:00 pm Lunch - Open Forum Discussions (Power Pitches from Sponsors)
2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Parking Economic Development: The important role parking plays in economic development
- Exploring shared parking options for new developments
- Re-examining parking requirements
Speakers: Lynne Lancaster, City of Richmond & Bart Neu, City of Norfolk, Brett Wood and Kyle Williams, Kimley Horn
Friday, April 28th – SPRING WORKSHOP
9: 00 am – 10:00 am Registration and Breakfast
10:00 am – 11:00 am When Worlds Collide - The Intersection of Parking Systems
- Cities, Transit Systems, Universities
- Co-Development and Management of Parking Assets
- Town and Gown Issues
Speakers: Josh Cantor, George Mason University, Chris Watt, Client Success Manager, Passport, Inc.
11:00 am – 12:00 pm UVA Hospital Expansion
- How you go about conducting a parking evaluation study
- What are the factors involved in evaluation study
- How to make decisions using the data and projections
Speakers; Becca White, UVA and Diane Lindermann, VHB
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm Lunch (Power Pitches by Sponsors)
1:30 pm – 2:45 pm Millennials and
Baby Boomers, Why can’t we be friends?
presenter will facilitate what we hope will be a candid and fun discussion
about the mixing of the Millennial and Baby Boomer generations in the workplace
Discussions to be included
Speaker: Frank Kollmansperger, Entry Guard Systems