Aug 01, 2012 1:00am - Dec 25, 2012 11:59pm
Event Type: Grant
Category: Educational Grant
Pets in the Classroom Grant Program
Carolina Biological Supply Company
GloFish® Aquarium Grant
Please review the TERMS below BEFORE APPLYING FOR A GRANT.
By completing this grant form you affirm that you and your principal agree to all terms.
** GloFish® fluorescent fish are allowed everywhere in the United States except California **
(California teachers will be sent Zebrafish and NOT GloFish®)
We cannot ship GloFish outside of the Continental United States
All Pets in the Classroom grants are offered to Pre-K through 8th Grade classes in both public and private schools only. Home school settings do not qualify for grants at this time.
These grants are intended to support pets or aquariums in the classroom for the purposes of teaching children to bond with and care for their pets responsibly. The welfare of the small animals involved is of paramount importance. These grants must not be used for the purposes of research or experiments of any kind.
The Carolina Biological Supply Company GloFish® Aquarium Grant includes:
- 1.5 gallon tank
- LED lighting system (white, blue and black light)
- filtration system
- air pump
- water conditioner
- 3 GloFish® *
- instructions and caresheets
*Aquarium and instructions will be shipped within (10) days of grant approval, and within 14-21 days from the date the grant application was completed online. Teacher or a representative must be on hand to sign for delivery and tank must be set up and water conditioned for several days prior to adding fish. Fish will be shipped separately the following week. All shipping fees are included in the grant. There are no exceptions to this shipping timeline, so please plan accordingly.
View Carolina’s Freshwater Fish Acclimation Video for more tips to become familiar with the set-up process and the proper steps to take care of your fish upon arrival: http://bcove.me/doh3v9dt
You'll find many interesting classroom activities for Carolina GloFish® at the link below. (be sure to turn off your pop-up blocker, as the PDF's will open in a new window)
GRANT TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Grant Application is submitted online, and recipient is immediately sent a confirmation email.
2. Grant Applicant is notified of approval in writing within 2-3 weeks after submitting application.
3. Upon approval for the grant, teachers will receive their GloFish aquarium setup in TWO shipments. Aquarium and instructions will be shipped within (10) days of grant approval. Tank must be set up and water conditioned for several days prior to adding fish. You will receive the actual fish in the MAIL the following week.
4. Please note that we can only ship to a street address, and to just one address for both the tank shipment and the fish shipment. We'd recommend you list your school address so that someone can sign for your delivery.
5. All grants are administered through the Pet Care Trust. Only ONE Pets in the Classroom grant per teacher, per school year is permitted.
6. Grants are not transferable.
7. Grant approval is at the sole discretion of the Pet Care Trust.
8. Limited quantities are available.
Once you have read and agreed to the terms above, click on "Register for this Event" to login and begin the registration process.