Aug 01, 2012 1:00am - Jul 01, 2013 11:59pm
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Event Type: Grant
Category: Educational Grant
Sustaining Grant Program
Please review the TERMS below BEFORE APPLYING FOR A GRANT.
By completing this grant form you affirm that you and your principal agree to all terms.
1. Sustaining Grants are given to teachers who have previously received a Pets in the Classroom grant. Sustaining Grants are issued in the amount of $50 only.
2. Sustaining Grants are offered to Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth grade classes in both public and private schools only. Home school settings do not qualify at this time.
3. These grants are intended to support pets or aquariums in the classroom for the purposes of teaching children to bond with and care for their pets responsibly. The welfare of the small animals involved is of paramount importance. These grants must not be used for the purposes of research or experiments of any kind.
4. Sustaining Grants are not transferable, and reimbursement will only be given to the teacher listed on the application.
5. Sustaining Grant Money is not to be used in the purchase of gift cards. Gift cards submitted to the Pet Care Trust will not be reimbursed. Detailed receipts of items purchased must be presented for reimbursement. Copies of receipts are ok.
6. In order to receive reimbursement, teachers must shop at a local pet supply store. This should be a pet or farm store, where pet products are the primary items for sale, and not a department store with a small pet department.
7. Sustaining Grant money may not be spent for overhead, administration or for any other purpose than to purchase new pets, pet environments or pet food and supplies for existing classroom pets.
8. Only one grant per teacher, per school year is permitted. Teachers may re-apply for another sustaining grant in the amount of $50 each Fall.
9. Sustaining Grant approval is at the sole discretion of the Pet Care Trust. Amounts awarded may vary according to monies available at the time of the request.
Sustaining Grant Request Timeline:
1. Sustaining Grant Application is submitted online, and recipient is immediately sent a confirmation email.
2. Applicant is notified of approval in writing within 2 weeks after submitting application and a certificate is sent via regular mail.
3. Once certificate & receipts are returned to The Pet Care Trust, allow 4-6 weeks for check reimbursement.
Once you have read and agreed to the terms above, click on "Register for this Event" to login and begin the registration process.
|Early registration ends on Jun 24, 2012.|
Regular registration starts on Jun 25, 2012 and ends on May 31, 2012.
Late registration starts on Jun 01, 2012.
All times are 12:00am (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).