1. Sustaining Grants are given to teachers who have previously received a Pets in the Classroom grant. Sustaining Grants are issued in the amount of $50 only.
2. Sustaining Grants are offered to Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth grade classes in both public and private schools only. Home school settings do not qualify at this time.
3. These grants are intended to support pets or aquariums in the classroom for the purposes of teaching children to bond with and care for their pets responsibly. The welfare of the small animals involved is of paramount importance. These grants must not be used for the purposes of research or experiments of any kind.
4. Sustaining Grants are not transferable, and reimbursement will only be given to the teacher listed on the application.
5. Sustaining Grant Money is not to be used in the purchase of gift cards. Gift cards submitted to the Pet Care Trust will not be reimbursed. Detailed receipts of items purchased must be presented for reimbursement. Copies of receipts are ok.
6. In order to receive reimbursement, teachers must shop at a local pet supply store. This should be a pet or farm store, where pet products are the primary items for sale, and not a department store with a small pet department.
7. Sustaining Grant money may not be spent for overhead, administration or for any other purpose than to purchase new pets, pet environments or pet food and supplies for existing classroom pets.
8. Only one grant per teacher, per school year is permitted. Teachers may re-apply for another sustaining grant in the amount of $50 each Fall.
9. Sustaining Grant approval is at the sole discretion of the Pet Care Trust. Amounts awarded may vary according to monies available at the time of the request.
Sustaining Grant Request Timeline: