Please review the TERMS below BEFORE APPLYING FOR A GRANT.
By completing this grant form you affirm that you and your principal agree to all terms.
Pets in the Classroom grants are offered to Pre-K through 8th Grade classes in both public and private schools only. Home school settings do not qualify for grants at this time.
These grants are intended to support pets or aquarium in the classroom for the purposes of teaching children to bond with and care for their pets responsibly. The welfare of the small animals involved is of paramount importance. These grants must not be used for the purposes of research or experiments of any kind.
Grants are available in the following categories through your local PetSmart store:
Certain State and city regulations prohibit the sale of certain pets, please contact your local PetSmart to verify availability in your area.
If you are seeking a classroom pet in another category not listed as one of the grants above, you may apply for a Pets in the Classroom Rebate Grant.
GRANT TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Grant Application is submitted online, and recipient is immediately sent a confirmation email.
2. Grant Applicant is notified of approval in writing within 2-3 weeks after submitting application.
3. Upon approval for the grant, teachers will receive a "Pets in the Classroom" starter kit in the US mail, which includes: coupons redeemable at your local PetSmart store to get started with preselected key essentials for the pet.
4. As part of this special Pets in the Classroom product package, teachers will also receive a coupon valued at 50% off the everyday retail price of the live animal; teacher will be required to cover the remaining portion of the animal.
5. Teacher redeems coupons at local PetSmart to set up pet habitat. There are no product substitutions - only the products listed on the coupon sheet are eligible.
6. Teacher uses 50% off coupon to purchase live animal from their local PetSmart.
7. All grants are administered through the Pet Care Trust. Only one "Pets in the Classroom" Grant per teacher, per school year is permitted.
8. Grants certificates are not transferable.
9. Grant approval is at the sole discretion of the Pet Care Trust.
10. Grants approved through the PetSmart Pets in the Classroom program are redeemable only at your local PetSmart store.
* Due to the high cost of some terrariums, some starter kits may have an out-of-pocket cost incurred by the teacher for the kit. Please be advised that this grant is intended to help teachers get setup with a classroom pet, and is not intended to cover costs over the lifetime of the pet. When considering a pet in the classroom, consider your ability to pay out-of-pocket expenses over the pet's lifetime.