Please review the TERMS below BEFORE APPLYING FOR A GRANT.
By completing this grant form you affirm that you and your principal agree to all terms.
1. Rebate Grants will be distributed in the amounts of $75 for small animal (such as guinea pig,
rabbit, hamster or bird) and $125 for aquarium or reptile (such as fish, lizard, turtle, snake).
2. REBATE GRANTS may NOT be used at any store that is included in our coupon
programs (Petsmart, Petco, Pet Supermarket, Petland Discounts, Pet Supplies Plus).
The REBATE grant is to be used at local independent pet stores.
3. Pets in the Classroom grants are offered to Pre-K through 8th Grade classes in both public and private schools
only. Home school settings and high school classrooms do not qualify for grants at this time.
4. These grants are intended to support pets or aquariums in the classroom for the purposes of teaching children
to bond with and care for their pets responsibly. The welfare of the animals involved is of paramount
importance. These grants must not be used for the purposes of research or experiments of any kind.
5. A "Pet in the Classroom" is defined as a pet that resides in the classroom (a small animal such as guinea pig, lizard), and not a pet that visits the classroom (such as a cat or dog)
6. Caterpillar/butterfly environments, hatching eggs in an incubator and worm/composting environments are not considered pets in the classroom and are not eligible for grant funds.
7. Grants certificates are not transferable. Only the teacher listed on the application can redeem the grant certificate.
8. Grant Money is not to be used in the purchase of gift cards. Gift cards submitted to the Pet Care Trust will not be reimbursed. Copies of detailed receipts of items purchased must be presented for reimbursement.
9. In order to receive reimbursement, teachers must shop at a local pet supply store, where pet supplies are the primary merchandise. This includes a pet or farm store, and not a department store with a small pet department.
10. Grant money may not be spent for overhead or administration. Money must be spent on the purchase of the pet, pet environments, pet food and supplies for classroom pets - all supplies used to care for the pet as well as the pet itself are included.
11. All grants are administered through the Pet Care Trust. Only one Pet Care Trust /Pets in the Classroom grant per teacher, per school year is permitted. Teachers may re-apply for a Sustaining Grant in the amount of $50 each year.
12. All receipts MUST BE turned in at the same time. Only ONE check will be sent out per school year.
13. Grant approval is at the sole discretion of the Pet Care Trust. Amounts awarded may vary according to monies available at the time of the request.
14. Please be advised that this grant is intended to help teachers get set up with a classroom pet, and is not intended to cover costs over the lifetime of the pet. When considering adding a pet to your classroom, consider your ability to pay out-of-pocket expenses over the pet's lifetime.
Grant Request Timeline:
1. Grant Application is submitted online, and recipient is immediately sent a confirmation email.
2. Grant Applicant is notified of approval in writing within 2-3 weeks after submitting application and certificate is sent via regular mail.
3. Teacher shops at any local pet store, and submits certificate and receipts to Pet Care Trust for reimbursement.
4. Once certificate & copy of receipts are returned to The Pet Care Trust, allow 4-6 weeks to receive check reimbursement by mail.
Once you have read and agreed to the terms above, click on "Register for this Event" to login and begin the registration process.