Sep 18, 2013 1:00am - Jun 11, 2014 12:00am
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Event Type: Grant
Category: Educational Grant
Pets in the Classroom Grant Program
The LAST DAY for Applications will be June 10th at 11:59pm.
Applications for the 2014-2015 school year will be open on August 1st.
Please review the TERMS below BEFORE APPLYING FOR A GRANT.
By completing this grant form you affirm that you and your principal agree to all terms.
Pets in the Classroom grants are offered to Pre-K through 8th Grade classes in both public and private schools only. Home school settings and high school classrooms do not qualify for grants at this time.
These grants are intended to support pets or aquarium in the classroom for the purposes of teaching children to bond with and care for their pets responsibly. The welfare of the small animals involved is of paramount importance. These grants must not be used for the purposes of research or experiments of any kind.
Grants are available in the following categories through your local Petland Discounts store:
Guinea Pig Hamster
Rabbit Bearded Dragons
If you are seeking a classroom pet of another type not listed as one of the grants above, you may apply for a Pets in the Classroom Rebate Grant, redeemable at any pet store, including a Petland Discounts store.
Upon approval for the grant, teachers will receive a "Pets in the Classroom" starter kit in the US mail, which includes coupons for a free habitat and supply starter kit specially designed for the Pets in the Classroom program, redeemable at your local Petland Discounts store. There are no product substitutions. As part of the kit, teachers will also receive a coupon valued at 50% off the everyday retail price of the live animal; teacher will be required to cover the remaining portion of the animal.
All grants are administered through the Pet Care Trust. Only one Pets in the Classroom Grant per teacher, per school year is permitted. You must choose ONE pet from the list above.
Grants certificates are not transferable.
Grant approval is at the sole discretion of the Pet Care Trust.
Grants approved through the Petland Discounts Pets in the Classroom program are redeemable only at your local Petland Discounts store. Find a Store
Please be advised that this grant is intended to help teachers get set up with a classroom pet, and is not intended to cover costs over the lifetime of the pet. When considering adding a pet to your classroom, consider your ability to pay out-of-pocket expenses over the pet's lifetime.
Petland Discounts Pets in the Classroom Grant Request Timeline:
1. Grant Application is submitted online, and recipient is immediately sent a confirmation email.
2. Grant Applicant is notified of approval in writing within 2 weeks after submitting application.
3. Upon approval, grant Applicant will receive a "Pets in the Classroom Kit" consisting of a Coupon Sheet for a percentage off the supply starter kit, and a percentage off coupon to purchase the live animal within 2 weeks of submitting application. Coupon usually give about 50% off, but due to the price change across the country it can vary.
4. Teacher redeems coupons at local Petland Discounts store to set up pet habitat
5. Teacher uses coupon to purchase live animal from their local Petland Discounts store.
Once you have read and agreed to the terms above, click on "Log In" at top of page to set up an online profile, then apply for the grant of your choice.