Instructor: Denise Lones
7.5 Clock Hours
Location: Seattle King-County REALTORS®, 12410 SE 32nd St #100, Bellevue, WA 98005
Cost: Members $119.00 & Non-Members $149.00
**Only Active REALTOR members of SKCR are eligible to receive Member price online. If you are a REALTOR member of another Association, you are eligible to receive Member price. Please call the Association office at 425-974-1011 to register.
Lunch will be provided by Ron Kirse, US Bank
Stop Whining… Start WINNING! New SOC Rules, Industry Changes, and New Business Models are Opportunities for Service-Based Real Estate Professionals to Shine
The Real Estate Industry has seen a lot of changes in the last decade. With new technology comes innovation, competition, and your buyers and sellers are more-knowledgeable than ever before. But not all models are best for all consumers, and today’s real estate broker needs to have a strong understanding of where we stand as an industry in order to better-educate their clients on their options.
We will cover:
- The facts around the current lawsuit against the National Association of REALTORS®, possible outcomes, and what these might mean for our industry and consumers.
- The new NWMLS SOC rules, the changes to the forms, how these changes benefit consumers, and options for explaining these to buyers and sellers.
- The various real estate brokerage and technology-based real estate service models, how they operate, and the pros and cons for consumers.
- What iBuyers are, how they work, and how to explain the pros and cons of this model to consumers.
- How to become comfortable with transparency when it comes to fees and service – because there is room for all these business models but being able to outline the differences is key.
We are in an age of change. Those brokers who take the time to get educated and be able to clearly articulate the differences between their services and other models will stay relevant and necessary. Sharpen your industry savvy and join us for a day packed with information that will empower your next buyer or seller consultation.
Denise Lones Bio -
The founding partner of The Lones Group, Denise Lones brings over two decades of experience in the real estate industry. With expertise in strategic marketing, business analysis, branding, new home project planning, product development, and agent/broker coaching and training, Denise is nationally recognized as the source for all things real estate.
As a columnist for isucceed.com®, Realty Times®, RealTown®, Broker Agent Social®, the National Association of Home Builders®, and the Washington Association of Realtors®, Denise is a strong and respected "voice" in the real estate community - both locally and nationally.
Denise is a certified instructor for many prominent trade groups and educational institutions, including isucceed.com®, Master Builders Association®, Washington Association of Realtors®, Washington State Department of Licensing, Washington State Housing and Finance Committee, and Windermere Real Estate®.
With a passion for improvement, Denise has helped thousands of real estate agents, brokers, and managers build their business to unprecedented levels of success, while helping them maintain balance and quality of life.
*Pre-registration required. Only Pre-Paid registrants will guarantee reservation.
(Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled class for refund)