USWA is an organization dedicated to making the whole experience of windsurfing a more positive one for those that choose to windsurf in the USA. We accomplish this with the selfless work of a volunteer Board of Directors and part-time Executive Director.
Our operating revenue comes almost completely from membership dues. We also rely upon industry and individual sponsors who support our cause.
There are many reasons to join USWA such as:
• Discounts on regattas
• Discounted membership in US Sailing
• Available Equipment Insurance
• A unique registered Sail Number
• The informative, quarterly e-Newletter
• Possibility of obtaining a National Ranking
• Teaching Grants and much more!
We feel that the most important reason to join is that USWA works very hard and achieves the greatest benefit for the group of all windsurfers in the US as a whole. This work deserves to be acknowledged and rewarded with your membership fee. Your fee comes back to you as the sometimes-intangible benefits like these:
• A 20 event National Racing Tour
• A fantastic ranking system
• An improved racing experience brought about by our efforts in assisting event organizers with their race management tasks
• Junior Development & Teaching programs designed to grow participation
• Cooperation with US Sailing in the development of our Olympic Team
• Support for local clubs to protect access.