Virginia CPA Ethics: 2018 Required Course
Course Date: Friday, May 25, 2018
Course Time: 8:30am – 10:10am
CPE: 2 CPE Credits
Instructor: Krista Edoff
Developed using the Virginia Board of Accountancy’s (VBOA) “Virginia-Specific Ethics Course Outline 2018” as the course framework, this course accomplishes the following fundamental objectives:
- Updates CPAs on regulatory developments and provides guidance regarding the relevance of those laws, rules and regulations for their areas of interest and/or practice
- Provokes thought and discussion among CPAs on the role and practical application of ethics within the profession
- Satisfies the annual, 2-hour VBOA ethics requirement for 2018
- Suitable for Virginia CPAs working in public accounting, industry, government, nonprofits and/or academia
- Reviews the VBOA’s revised fee structure
- Provides an update on the American Institute of CPAs’ (AICPA) Professional Ethics Executive Committee (PEEC) and Accounting & Review Services
- VBOA enforcement cases relevant to current trends
- Reviews documentation requirements from various standard-setters, focusing on organization, workflow and retention
- New information and guidance on ownership of work papers, CPE reporting requirements, use of the CPA designation, new VBOA policies, global ethics standards, fiduciary duties of the CPA and more
- Case study situations based on real-life examples involving these issues
To register for the Ethics course, click the 'Register for this Event' button below. This course will be held during the VGFOA 2018 Spring Conference. Conference registration does not include the Ethics course registration fee.
Ethics course materials will be available for electronic download. Paper copies of materials will not be provided.
Notice of registration cancellation must be received at least 7 business days prior to the course in order to qualify for a refund. Substitution of attendee may be done at any time.