New Jersey Chapter Facts...
Why should I become a member of the New Jersey Chapter?
For a comprehensive overview of what the Chapter has to offer, we invite you to download our Chapter Services Brochure.
- Increase involvement in the legislative arena to positively influence the quality of pediatric practice and the welfare of children in New Jersey.
- Promote the interests of New Jersey pediatricians in the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Build coalitions with other organizations working toward improving children’s health and well-being.
- Keep abreast of developments in the state’s medical liability insurance crisis; developments specific to New Jersey’s pediatricians.
- Partnerships with State and Local agencies to address regulatory socioeconomic and public health issues.
- Join the many committees the New Jersey offers such as Government Relations Committee, Practice Management, Seniors, Young Peds Task Force, & more.
- Have the opportunity to develop as a leader and mentor, and to serve in Chapter Leadership Positions
- Participate in Chapter committees, NJ PCORE Advisory Groups, and State Committees/Councils in areas of interest.
- Stand up and be a leader among NJ’s pediatrician community.
- Develop and enhance your leadership skills as a result of your involvement with the NJ Chapter, and have the opportunity to be sent to AAP District and national leadership and advocacy events and workshops.
Networking & Communications
- Develop contacts throughout NJ, participate in State and Local conferences and Special Events customized for New Jersey.
- Network with other pediatricians with similar interests.
- Increase outreach and enrollment of children who are uninsured and eligible for Medicaid of NJ FamilyCare.
- Eliminate oral health disparities through the Chapter's partnership with DentaQuest Foundation's Oral Health 2014 initiative.
- Network with a variety of relevant audiences such as legislators, government officials, related advocacy groups and others.
- Free Job Posting on the AAP NJ website.
- Weekly E-News highlighting hot topics, opportunities, and benefits with comprehensive information and alerts on many CME and leadership opportunities as well as legislative updates.
- Receive NJAAP's quarterly newsletter “NJ Pediatrics”, and other informative mailings.
- Access to technical assistance in becoming an EHR Meaningful User.
- Tap into Quality Improvement programs, some approved for Part IV, Maintenance of Certification – Quality Improvement.
- Improve and expand your Medical Home through training and technical support, self assessments and data collection.
- Improve your Child & Adolescent Immunization rates through the Immunization Initiative 2012.
- Learn how to identify and intervene in child abuse and neglect and develop new policies and procedures for your practice.
- Increase awareness, early diagnosis and management of patients with FASD through the Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) Visiting Professorship.
- Access to HIGHLY KNOWLEDGEABLE chapter committee members such as practice management, government affairs, and medical liability.
- Attend local CME meetings sponsored by the Chapter and partners.
- Understand what to look for in employment Contracts, medical Liability and a wide range of insurance offerings.
- Registration discounts for Annual Conference and Special Events
- AAP/NJ Purchasing Alliance, where qualifying NJ pediatricians are eligible for a 20% discount on their medical malpractice premiums through MD Advantage (savings range between $1,800 and $3,600 per year).
- Additional Member Benefits – special NJAAP rates with TD Bank on business loans and mortgage loans, discounts on disability and long term care insurance, medical supplies and discounts on EMRs, billing and practice management solutions, 5% cash back on your gas and electricity bill through Energy plus.
- First to be invited to participate in NJAAP programs.
What has the Chapter done lately?
- Created an NJAAP Central office, built a team of 16 to respond to Chapter/membership needs and Quality Improvement through NJ PCORE.
- Expanded membership benefits to include discounts for a wide range of products and services.
- Enhanced communication with members through weekly E-News, The Pediatrician Quarterly Newsletter and Website.
- Changed our organizational operating structure and new leadership of the GA committee, resulting in 8 key advocacy issues for NJAAP (the "Agenda for Children").
- Provided CME and CEU training to over 1,500 Health Care Providers in 2012!
- Established partnership with NJ-HITEC to offer free assistance to New Jersey Primary Care Providers in the successful adoption, implementation and use of electronic health records systems, and to become Meaningful Users of those healthcare technologies.
- Provided professional education through NJAAP & PCORE funded programs, meetings, publications and website.
- Medical Home - Working with primary Care practices statewide; offering these practices a free program to improve and expand their Medical Home through training and technical support, self assessments and data collection.
- Immunization Initiative 2012 – working with primary care practices to improve their Immunization rates for both children and Adolescents by assessing their current Immunization status, providing education about the importance of immunizations.
- Expanded NJIN to more than 350 members. Housed at NJAAP and co-led by NJAAP and NJAFP. NJIN is focusing on ways to educate healthcare providers, the public, and legislators about the importance of immunizing infants, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly in NJ against vaccine preventable diseases and ensuring public health. Concurrently, the organization is solidifying a strong and sustainable infrastructure, reaching out to every possible stakeholder, assisting with the mandated transition to the NJIIS, and responding to the current status of school/child care immunization exemptions.
Who can become members of the New Jersey Chapter?
In addition to Fellows and Specialty Fellows, Resident, Post-resident and Candidate Fellows, Affiliate Membership may be granted to physicians, dentists, advanced nurse practitioners, physician assistants, family practitioners, child and adolescent psychiatrists, child and adolescent psychologists and other allied health professionals (e.g. physical, occupational, speech therapists) practicing and/or residing in the State of New Jersey who are primarily interested in the care and well-being of infants, children, adolescents and young adults.* National AAP membership is recommended but not required.
*Please note that Affiliate Members may not vote or hold office
Annual Chapter Dues:
- Voting Fellows - $165
- Specialty Fellows - $165
- Candidate Fellows - $165
- Affiliate Members - $135
- Post Residential Fellows - $50
Join now by clicking here. If you wish to apply by Fax or mail, an Application Form may be downloaded by clicking here. You may also call (609) 842-0014, ext. 105
Whom do I contact?
Bert Mulder, Director of Membership & Events, at (609) 842.0014, x105, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Members Benefits
- Submit your healthcare transactions with MD On-Line and receive 20% off monthly pricing.
Login to your account to view and update your information and access our latest Member Benefits:
- Comprehensive NJAAP Member Directory now available
- Free Comprehensive Medical Legal Resources Page
- Receive a 20% discount on your medical malpractice premiums through MD Advantage.
- Exclusive loan rates through TD Bank available to NJAAP Members only.
- Earn 5% Cash Back on the supply portion of your annual electricity bill with EnergyPlus
- Receive up to 20% Discount on Disability and Long Term Care Insurance through major insurance carriers.
- Minimum 7% Discount for all member medical supply purchases ordered from Docsavings.com
- Receive a $100 VISA Gift card from PingMD.