- 12 print and online issues of the Journal of School Health each year
- Discounts on ASHA conferences and webinars
- Access to Comprehensive Health Education Network Listserv
- Membership in 1 Section
- Membership in 2 Councils
- Free Continuing Education contact hours
- Access to ASHA's exclusive health and business insurance program
Our Core Beliefs
- Health and learning are directly linked and essential to the development of healthy, resilient citizens. Academic success is an excellent indicator of the overall well-being of youth and a primary predictor of adult health outcomes.
- Schools are uniquely positioned to help students acquire healthy habits for a lifetime. Schools prepare students to be college and career ready, which includes being a health literate adult.
- A coordinated school health (CSH) approach is the most effective and efficient means of promoting healthy citizens. The CSH approach creates a system to support student academic achievement, eliminate gaps, and reduce redundancies across initiatives and funding streams through appropriately licensed and certified disciplines.
- School health professionals should be highly-qualified and practice evidence-based health and education strategies. The need for undergraduate and graduate training in health education and the need for certified, licensed or state-endorsed professionals is addressed in this belief and supported through the Healthy People 2020 objectives.
- Schools should be safe, nurturing environments that facilitate learning for all. School climate, school connectedness and a caring, safe learning environment promote student success and teacher retention through parent and community partnerships, policies and practices.
Download the Core Beliefs Document.
ASHA Webinar on CDC Training Tools
April 22, 2014
Register for next week's webinar on training tools for schools. CECH and CPE credit hours available. Click here to learn more and register.
ASHA Awards Deadline Extended!
April 15, 2014
Every year, ASHA recognizes those who have demonstrated exemplary service to school health. Nominate a colleague for one of ASHA's awards. The deadline has been extended to Wednesday, April 30th.
Save the Date!
April 10, 2014
Save the date for the 88th Annual School Health Conference in Portland, OR. Registration will open in May. Click here for more details.
Call for Abstracts Deadline Has Been Extended!
March 27, 2014
New deadline to submit your abstracts for the 2014 ASHA School Health Conference is Friday, April 4, 2014! For all the details, click here.
ASHA Launches Career Center
March 18, 2014
ASHA's online career center is designed to help you find the best opportunities in the school health industry.
ASHA Introduces Bi-Weekly E-Newsletter
March 11, 2014
ASHA's e-newsletter will provide comprehensive weekly news briefings of the week's top stories.
Click here for more exciting news from ASHA!New Login Instructions!
ASHA has a new Association Management System (AMS). NOTE: Please use your primary email address as your user name and Password1 as your password.
You will be forced to change it at first login.
Login to your account to view and update your information.