Welcome to the MAAO !
Members: please be sure to log-in to see all content on this site. Some pages are only accessible to our members after you have logged in. If you are having trouble logging in please contact Christine Purple for assistance (you can find their contact information on the lower left hand side). If you are unsure of your member status, please contact the MAAO Staff before creating a new account in our system (this may duplicate your record in our system). Click HERE for directions on how to log-in. Some of our links to the left and along the top are drop downs. You will find additional information by clicking on the tab.
FY2020 MAAO Executive Board Elections
The MAAO By-Laws require that the Nominating Committee name candidates for the two open positions of Executive Board and at least one name for President Elect (the current President Elect automatically moves into the Presidency). The Nominating Committee has put forward the following names:
President Elect: John Neas, MAA, RMA, CMA, Principal Assessor, Town of Hopkinton
Executive Board: Robert L. Bushway, MAA, Chief Appraiser, Milton; Richard J. Conti, MAA, Assessor, Taunton; Ashlie Felix, MAA, Assistant Assessor, Westfield; and, Michael Golden, MAA, Residential Field Manager/Assistant Assessor, Lexington
This year we will be using an electronic ballot! You will receive more information on the election process in March. Ballots will go out by April 1st and will conclude on May 1st!
MAAO Nominating Committee: Eric Josephson, Weston, Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org; Richard Ball, Ashland - email@example.com; Maureen Cronin, South Hadley - firstname.lastname@example.org; Denis Flis, Walpole - email@example.com; Kathleen Stanley, Paxton - firstname.lastname@example.org
IAAO is Coming to Boston in 2022!!
The local Massachusetts Chapter of IAAO along with support from every New England State Association and Chapter has made a proposal to have the 2022 IAAO conference here in Boston. The presentation was made to the Executive Board of IAAO on November 15th and we were chosen to host the convention. The following link is the presentation in support of Boston in 2022! www.maao.org/content/2018/IAAO Presentation 11.15.18 v1.pdf
This conference may be 4 years away, but there is a lot to do and I hope the local host committee can count on you. Lane Partridge, MAA, President, Massachusetts Chapter of the IAAO and Bill Mitchell, MAA, RMA, President of MAAO, will be co-chairing the committee. They are looking for others to serve on the committee. If you are interested in serving on the committee or have ideas that will help make this the best convention in years, please reach out to Lane at email@example.com or Bill at firstname.lastname@example.org
The MAAO Education Committee is please to present the 2019 Winter School Offerings.
The MAAO is very excited to be offering the IAAO Course 101! We will also be offering the 15-Hr. USPAP Course this March. Registration for this course will be available once the details have been finalized. Please be sure to pay attention to the dates for each class! Registration is available on-line! You will need to log-in to the MAAO Website at www.maao.org. Click on the Upcoming Events on the left-hand side and select the event you wish to attend. If you have any issues with your registration, please reach out to Paula Rubley at email@example.com or Christine Purple at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IAAO 101- Fundamentals of Real Property Appraisal, 2/8-9, 15-16 & 23, 2019, Andover Police Station Please note: this class has different pricing than the MAAO courses due to the associated costs are higher; this course is accepted by the MAAO Professional Admissions Committee to replace either MAAO Course 1 or Course 2; and, there is an optional book that you can purchase when you register for the course but is not required to take the class.
- Course 3 – Income Approach to Value, 2/8-9, 15-16 & 22, 2019, Franklin Town Hall
- Course 6 – Valuation Administration, 3/1-2, 8-9 & 15, 2019, Chelmsford Police Station
- Course 200 – Principles of Assessing Procedures, 3/1-2, 8-9, 15, 2019, Auburn Town Hall
- Course 1 – Comparable Approach to Value, 3/21-22, 29-30 & 4/5, 2019, East Bridgewater Town Hall
- 15 Hr. USPAP, 3/22-23, 2019, Grafton Public Safety
- Course 5 – Mass Appraisal of Real Property, 3/29-30, 4/6 & 12-13, 2019, Foxborough Public Safety
Dates to keep in mind!
- Winter/Spring Conference, 3/28/2019, Boxboro Regency
- Summer Conference, 6/18-21, 2019, Red Jacket Beach
- Annual School, 8/5-9, 2019, UMASS Amherst
If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact Christine L. Purple, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 774-249-8624.
Professionalism through Education