We greatly appreciate your support and look forward to an improved member experience and greater membership involvement thanks to several improvements to our website.
All PIJAC members will now be able to renew their dues and adjust contact information/email preferences online, directly to their member profile here on the secure members section of our website, members.pijac.org.
From our new member site, members can:
Make the most of your membership: Members can share employee email lists or email addresses for specific staff to be informed of news important to industry, legislative and regulatory action items through our daily executive email newsbrief, FirstLook, as well as through our PetAlerts, Issue Updates, Health Alerts, and more.... Members, send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
New members: How to become involved & stay informed
- Respond to Alerts: Be sure you visit the Legislative Action Center on PIJAC.org for the latest on pending regulations and legislation rom state, federal, and local governments the responsible pet trade across the United States
- Stay informed: In addition to contacting legislators, it's important for members to stay informed. Reading FirstLook, the daily executive report delivered to your email inbox each week day morning, is an excellent way to learn the latest news surrounding the pet industry.
- Reach out and spread the word: PIJAC members can be active participants by contacting our staff to lend your expertise on an issue, forwarding PetAlerts, Issue Updates, and other notices to supporters, and consider serving on a PIJAC committee when open seats are available.
We at the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council (PIJAC) know that pets play an important role in our lives. The benefits of pets are endless...
...from companionship to reducing stress and blood pressure to increasing a child’s sense of responsibility, compassion and promoting an interest in conservation. That’s why the vast majority of American families have one or more pets.
The human-animal bond has been studied for years, and that bond is beneficial for pets and people alike. Owning a pet is one of the most rewarding experiences a person can have. Pets add to the quality of our lives. Pets make us happy. Pets make us healthy. It is PIJAC’s goal to make sure that pets are well-taken care of by pet owners and the industry, so we can all enjoy pet ownership well into the future.
PIJAC’s mission is to:
- PROMOTE responsible pet ownership and animal welfare
- FOSTER environmental stewardship &
- ENSURE the availability of pets