Provide insights into the seldom used casualty loss deduction; O'Connor & Associates is working with over 6,000 clients on tax refunds or savings totaling about $150 million because of Hurricane Harvey. Other topics will include: 1) filing deadline for business personal property was 4/1; what to do if you missed the deadline, 2) options to render to reduce BPP taxes, 3) new property tax protest deadline in May 15 in 2018, 4) tips for appealing property taxes and 5) bonus depreciation includes existing real estate. Will this cause unintended consequences.
- Understand how to consult clients regarding casualty loss claims
- Understand the new personal property rendition deadline
- Understand options for rendering (fixed asset listing versus market value)
- New property tax deadline, options to appeal and benefit of appealing
- 25 to 45% year one bonus depreciation will allow many taxpayers to avoid income tax for 2018 to 2022
- $2,400 tax credit for employers affected by Harvey
Date & Time
Friday, April 20, 2018
8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. (Breakfast Provided)
FCA Offices, 791 Town & Country, Suite 250, Houston, TX
NASBA-approved for 1.0 CPE credit in Tax; State Bar of Texas approved for 1.0 MCLE credit
Admission is FREE for all business professionals. For information on the cancellation policy please call 888-ATTY-CPA ext. 2.