Jan 01, 2099 02:00pm - Jan 01, 2099 03:00pm
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Event Type: Webinar
Category: Educational Seminar
Webinar Date: 04/17/2012
Webinar Time: 2:00PM-3:00PM EST
The decision to pursue U.S. government funding requires careful consideration of how to balance the potential risks that come with the guaranteed rewards of federal grants and contracts. Any nonprofit that that receives federal funds—either directly or from a pass-through entity—is legally obligated to comply with a range of federal policies, regulations, and Congressional mandates. These obligations are not limited to federally-funded activities; they affect an organization’s overall business and financial management practices and must be consistently applied and well documented. This session will review the five essential areas of federal compliance risk:
• Cost Principles of OMB Circulars A-122, A-21, and A-87
• Audit Requirements of OMB Circular A-133 and related Compliance Supplements
• Uniform Requirements of OMB Circular A-110
• Standard Assurances
• Federal Acquisition Regulations
This session will also present an integrated compliance model to help participants manage their organization’s federal compliance risks and avoid common audit findings. Participants will learn strategies to adapt the model, including how to develop policies, adopt standard procedures, and ensure consistent practice.
• 03.03 Identify strategies for educating grant applicants about financial and programmatic accountability to comply with funder requirements
• 05. Knowledge of post-award grant management practices sufficient to inform effective grant design and development;
• 05.01. Identify standard elements of regulatory compliance
|Early registration ends on Apr 01, 2013.|
Regular registration starts on Apr 02, 2013 and ends on Dec 30, 2013.
Late registration starts on Dec 31, 2013.
All times are 12:00am (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).