Becoming a sales manager takes more than being a successful individual contributor. The “basics” of sales are ever-changing, and we must always be open-minded and willing to revisit, refresh and reset our sales skills to meet the needs of how people buy – or you get left behind. Whether your goal is to progress to managing people or you want to sharpen your skills in selling, this workshop is an excellent opportunity to develop a new understanding of the mindset and behaviors required to transition to sales management successfully.
This 1 ½ day seminar is designed for the sales professional (individual contributor) who has been in their role a minimum of 2-3 years. Attendees will learn through an exciting mix of hands-on, lecture, and role-play exercises.
- Sales: what’s different today?
- Don’t waste your time: your ideal client
- Research and connection
- Preparing for your sales call
- Nailing the delivery: effective and profitable presentation skills
- The myth of rejection
- Handling objections and overcoming obstacles
- Keeping your momentum: closing and follow-up skills
- Efficient territory and time management
- Building a customer base & networking skills