This seminar is for attendees who are newer to the rental department or whose company has a relatively small rental fleet (under 50 units). The focus of this seminar is for the attendees to understand the rapid evolution of the rental market, what are the drivers behind it and what it takes to compete successfully.
- Understanding the difference between rent-to-sell and rent-to-rent and why your dealership most likely needs both
- Identifying what customers have come to expect and how to find your position in the competitive rental market
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the operational processes involved in a rental transaction
- Recognizing the profitability impact of a well-designed, efficiently operated rental fleet and how it can boost profits for your dealership
- Understanding that all machines don’t yield the same amount of profit and it requires experience to develop a profitable blend of machines in your fleet
Who should attend:
- Rental Managers
- Director of Rental Services
- Rental Sales Managers
- Sales Managers
- Any dealer thinking about adding a rental fleet to their dealership
Day 1 - November 8th 2022
8:00 am – noon
Session 1: Rental – Market Segment or Delivery Channel
Session 2: Rent to Sell (RTS) or Rent to Rent (RTR) – Know the Difference
Session 3: Rental From a Customer’s Perspective
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Session 4: Dealers Need Rental
Session 5: Being Strategic about Rental
Session 6: Dealer Challenges to Entering Rental
Day 2 - Novermber 9th 2022
8:00 am – noon
Session 7: Rental Operations – Process is Key
Session 8: Building a Rental Fleet
Session 9: Fleet Mix is Critical to Being Profitable
PLEASE BRING A LAPTOP, if possible.
It will be necessary to do some exercises the instructor will challenge you with.
Optional Rental Manager Certification:
Seminar attendees interested in becoming a Certified Rental Manager can optionally complete 6 self-study prep courses through the AED Foundations Learning Management System prior to attending the Rental Management Seminar and then complete the Certification Test online after attending the seminar.
The 6 self-study prep courses include:
- Sales and Customer Service 101: Developing Your Customer Focus
- Financial Management 101: Introduction to Business Finance
- Financial Management 102: Ratio Analysis
- People Management 101: Owning the Vision
- People Management 102: Aligning Resources
- People Management 103: Championing Results
The attendees interested becoming a Certified Rental Manager can register for the required courses and certification test in the AED Foundation’s LMS at www.aedfoundation.org/self-study for $195 per course (normally $395 each) and will receive a complimentary certification test. Contact for online course registration is Liz McCabe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Midwest Division, Kubota University
31700 W 207th Street Edgerton, KS 66021
Hotels Available (YOUR choice – no rates are negotiated):
- Hampton Inn Gardner Conference Center, 151 Cedar Niles Rd, Gardner, KS 66030; (913) 856-2100
- Super 8 by Wyndham Gardner, 2001 E Santa Fe St, Gardner, KS 66030; (913) 856-8887
- There are many options on Exit 220 on I-35 North in Olathe, KS. This exit has restaurants and some entertainment, if you care to take advantage of that. This area comes recommended by the Midwest Division Service training staff.
Attendees will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the seminar and between the hotel and the seminar, daily.
Coffee, water, soda, and some light food items will be available in the morning and all day. Lunch is provided. Dinner is on your own. If you have any dietary considerations for lunch, please let your KTC field rep know (your CEBDM or RSM) and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Midwest Facility Map:
FROM I-35 NORTH OR SOUTH: Take Exit 205 – Homestead Lane