1) Networking – Annual events, committee meetings, MIX Groups and other special opportunities provide members the occasion to mix and meet not only with other outstanding contractors and suppliers, but with some of the best and brightest in the industry.
2) Two Telephone Hotlines – FREE to Members – These telephone lines are staffed by experts who can answer your questions.
Safety and Insurance
3) Safety Manual – This comprehensive manual can be used as your basic safety program. Provided on a compact disk, you can print as needed and customize for your company. The first copy is FREE to ASCC members. Extra copies are available to members for $15.00 each ($35.00 each for non-members).
4) Position Statements – 39 one-page papers cover topics such as “Moisture-Sensitive Floor Coverings on Concrete Slabs,” “Birdbaths,” “Tolerances,” and “Trowel Marks.” The statements are written for architects, engineers and others who need to understand the contractor’s point of view. There are eight Position Statements on decorative concrete topics.
5) Member Discounts on Valuable Publications (1st one FREE):
Contractor’s Guide to Quality Concrete Construction
Checklist for the Concrete Pre-Construction
Checklist for Ordering and Scheduling Ready Mixed Concrete
Guide for Surface Finish of Concrete Slabs on Ground
Construction Spanish Pocket Dictionary
Cement Burn Poster
Discounted Publications Include: Guide for Concrete Slabs That Receive Moisture-Sensitive Flooring Materials, Tolerances for Cast-in-Place Concrete Buildings, Design & Control of Concrete Mixtures, plus many more.
6) MIX Groups – The Management Information eXchange (MIX) Groups program is a way for owners of concrete construction firms to meet and share best practices without violating antitrust laws. Participation is FREE to members.
7) Contractor E-mail Forum – Contractors submit and answer business and technical questions via e-mail. Invaluable advice from your peers on everything from curling to sealers to time sheets to vehicle use. A members only, web-based Concrete Information Directory contains all of the Q & A from the Forum for easy reference.
8) Webinars – 45-minute webinars, offered monthly, provide members access to speakers and topics from the comfort of their offices. A mix of business and technical topics have included Sealer Issues, Protecting Yourself From Slab Performance Callbacks, Accuracy and Productivity in Estimating, Approaching Business as a Process, and Managing Change Orders. Webinars are archived on the website for members only.
9) Monthly Newsletter – Keeps you current with ASCC activities of value to you and your company. Available electronically.
10) A Guide to Selecting a Concrete Contractor – provides the small to medium-sized contractor a checklist of items such as references, drawings, safety practices, insurance coverage, etc., that allows potential customers to compare what your company offers with the competition. This simple brochure emphasizes that contractor selection should be determined by pre-planning, experience, quality of work and track record, not just price. One copy FREE to members.
11) Event Discounts – Discounts on registration for ASCC events including CEO Forum, Annual Conference and World of Concrete activities.
12) World of Concrete Registration and Seminar Discounts – As an ASCC member, your registration at the World of Concrete is FREE (enter code A20), a $40.00 savings compared to the on-site registration fee. You will also receive discounted advance registration for every World of Concrete seminar.
13) Company Listing on the ASCC Website – Every ASCC member receives a FREE listing on the Member Map on the ASCC website.
14) Troubleshooting Newsletter – Questions and answers from the Technical Hotline are compiled in this publication. If one contractor is having a problem, chances are that you’ll have to deal with that same problem eventually. Available FREE to members as they are developed. Full sets available to members at a discount. Newsletters currently in set of 64.
15) Safety Videotapes & DVDs – These are selected and reviewed by the ASCC Safety & Risk Management Council. The first copy is FREE to ASCC members.
16) Membership Directory – The ASCC Membership Directory lists all members of the ASCC by company name, delegate and alternate member names; includes address, telephone and fax numbers, and e-mail addresses.
17) Magazine Subscriptions – FREE subscriptions to Concrete Construction, Concrete International, Concrete Contractor, and Concrete Décor keep you and key personnel current with concrete construction technology and business issues.
18) Member Certificate – All members receive a certificate of membership suitable for framing and display. Sustaining members receive a special certificate with a mounting plaque.
19) Health Insurance – This program addresses the needs of individuals and small groups with multiple options available for Health Savings Accounts, traditional PPO plans, and PPO “light” plans. Plans offer $25 million in benefits, optional dental/vision coverage, 2 – 3 year lock rate, preventative services, choice of providers, and deductible options.
Decorative Concrete Council – The DCC educates contractors on the technical and business aspects of decorative concrete contracting. The Council also promotes decorative concrete to designers, owners and other end users.
Demonstrations and seminars at ASCC Annual Conference
Discounted decorative publications
“Problems & Practices” papers on decorative concrete issues
Manufacturers’ Advisory Council – The board of this associate member Council advises the ASCC on how the organization can provide the best value to its vendor members. The MAC has a strong voice in all sponsorship decisions that directly affect these companies.
Safety & Risk Management Council – This Council educates and provides materials to contractors on all aspects of safety relating to concrete contracting and insurance matters. The Council also provides oversight to ASCC on publications, demonstrations, etc. where we must display safe practices. Benefits include:
Safety Telephone Hotline
Safety Manual – see item #3
Safety Management Plan – Produced by the SRMC to assist small and medium-sized contractors develop and implement a sound safety program.
Safety Bulletins & Alerts – safety topics that you use directly in solving your daily safety problemsare presented. In addition to the Safety Bulletins we issue Safety Alerts to keep your personnel constantly aware of the need to “think safety.” These are FREE to members as they are developed. Full sets are available at a discount.
Discounted publications including Tool Box Training (English and Spanish versions), Employee Safety Handbook and others (the first copy of many of these are FREE when you join).