The Maryland Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (MSPEN) Presents:
MSPEN Fall 2019 CE Event
Part 1: Safe Practices for Compounding Parenteral Nutrition
- Identify the methods for compounding parenteral nutrition (PN).
- Outline safe PN compounding practices that reduce the risk of contamination.
- Describe various strategies healthcare organizations can use to avoid PN errors with automated compounding devices (ACDs).
- Describe the role that USP Chapter <797> plans in preventing PN errors.
Part 2: PN Safety: Past, Present, and Future
- Identify the processes within institutions in which errors surrounding PN systems occurred in the past.
- Evaluate the current safety and distinguish quality assurance issues regarding PN within your institution.
- Discuss the emergence of safety programs for tracking and categorizing PN-related adverse nutritional events in the future.
Gordon S. Sacks, PharmD, BCNSP, FASPEN, FCCP
Senior Director, Medical Affairs – PN, Fresenius Kabi USA
Clinical Professor, Auburn University, Harrison School of Pharmacy
St. Agnes Hospital
900 S Caton Avenue
Baltimore, MD, 21229
5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Dinner & Networking
6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Presentation
Credits: 2 CPEUs requested for RD/RDNs & 2 Hours ACPE Credit for Pharmacists
For more information, click here.