Registration Fees, Form, & Details
This interactive seminar will review real life experiences from two practicing HIM professionals who will address Federal and California regulations that govern the confidentially of patient health information. Important topics that will be introduced include:
- Patient Rights under HIPAA and California Law
- Reporting Laws; Breach of Privacy Events and Penalties for Violations
- Application of CMIA and HIPAA in Use and Disclosure
- Subpoenas: Deposition, Civil, Criminal, Administrative and Government Agency
- Requests by Law Enforcement/Public Officials
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Records
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Records
- HIV Test Results
- Emerging Issues and Hot Topics
Attendees will receive the November 2018 release of the CHIA Confidentiality & Security: Protecting and Releasing Health Information in California manual.
Presentation materials are distributed electronically only. Printed materials will not be provided. Attendees will be emailed a link to the materials after registration has closed and are encouraged to download and/or print materials in advance. Wi-Fi access is not provided. Laptops and tablets are welcome.
8:00 am Registration/Beverages and Pastries
9:00 am Program
12:00 pm Networking Lunch (included)
1:00 pm Program
3:30 pm Adjournment
Who Should Attend
HIM Directors, Managers and Supervisors; ROI Specialists; HIM Compliance Specialists; HIM Employees; Physician and Business Office staff; Nurses; Physicians; Privacy Officers; Risk Managers; Utilization Review staff; Clinical Managers; Skilled Nursing Facility personnel; and all health care providers.
This program has been approved for 5 continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuation education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). Domain: Privacy and Security