Print Registration Form
This presentation will dive into topics such as patient’s right of access and how attorneys are using newly clarified guidance to their advantage. The presenter will also highlight new information about the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) Phase 2 HIPAA Audit Program. Other topics such as January’s SAMHSA final rule, the Cures Act, the Federal Trade Commission’s actions and various security issues such as mobile devices, phishing and ransomware will be discussed.
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
• The latest HIPAA privacy and security rules and guidance issued by OCR
• Best practices that are being used to operationally manage privacy and security compliance in light of recent changes
• Up to date information, in summary form, about the OCR Phase 2 HIPAA Audit Program, including useful tools created by Mr. McLendon for use in audit learning and preparation
• Recent examples of privacy, security and breach hot cases used to illustrate enforcement focus
• How other regulators and parties are issuing new rules and guidance concerning privacy and security
Who Should Attend
Privacy, Security, Compliance, and Chief Information Officers; HIM Managers; Practice/Medical Office Managers; General Counsel; HR staff involved in compliance education; Physicians.
This program has been approved for two continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Information Management Association (AHIMA). AAPC: AHIMA CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state AHIMA branches hour for hour; program approved for two CEUs. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing; provider number 05474 for two contact hours. Certificates of attendance will be provided upon completion of event evaluation. HIM Domain: Domain type(s): Privacy and Security. Event Number WEB121