Print Registration Form
If you had a crystal ball, what would you want to know about your hospital's ability to withstand scrutiny? Are the claims coded, charged, and billed correctly? Do you routinely monitor your denials? Do you have an auditing program in place? Do you have policies in place to ensure you are meeting Medicare's 60-day repayment rules? Are you prepared for an external scrutiny?
This presentation will ask a lot of questions and explore acute care hospital audits in 2017 which will include:
• Reimagining the role of the HIM Department, Coding Professional or both
• Understanding that billing guidelines are essential for organization financial health
• An understanding that compliance is the responsibility of everyone in the organization
• Know who is looking at you: OIG, DOJ, CERT, MAC, RAC, Third Party Payers
• 2017 OIG Work Plan (Medicare Part A, B, C, D)
• Developing and implementing a plan of attack
Who Should Attend
Health Information Managers (HIM), Chief Financial Officers, Quality/Performance Improvement professionals, HIM Coding Directors/Managers and Coding professionals, Coding Compliance Managers and Staff, CDI Staff, Coding Consultants, Coding Auditors and those who work in acute care.
This program has been approved for two continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Information Management Association (AHIMA). AAPC: AHIMA CEUs are accepted from programs sponsored by AHIMA national offices and the state AHIMA branches hour for hour; program approved for two CEUs. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing; provider number 05474 for two contact hours. Certificates of attendance will be provided upon completion of event evaluation. HIM Domain: Domain type(s): External Forces. Event Number WEB119