Registration Fees, Form, & Details
Keeping up to date on the annual ICD-10-CM/PCS coding changes is imperative for all HIM coding professionals and CDI professionals. With the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting being the key to successful coding and CDI, attend this seminar and discover the 273 additions, 30 revisions, and 21 deletions to the CM codes for FY2020, along with the PCS code changes, and much more. Gain an understanding on how these coding revisions are pivotal and essential from a compliance perspective.
- Review FY2020 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- Enhance knowledge of the key concepts of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding for FY2020
- Learn about the significant changes to the code set within each chapter and/or procedure table
- Gain an understanding of key documentation requirements for assignment of new codes
- Identify key concepts of the code set changes as they relate to severity of illness, risk of mortality, quality outcomes, and reimbursement
- Learn about IPPS CC/MCC changes
- Practice coding through review of case scenarios
Attendees must bring the 2020 ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS code books for reference.
Presentation materials are distributed electronically only. Printed materials will not be provided. Attendees will be emailed a link to the materials after registration has closed and are encouraged to download and/or print materials in advance. Wi-Fi access is not provided.
7:30 am Registration/Beverages and Pastries
8:30 am Program
- ICD-10-CM Official Coding Guideline Update
- ICD-10-CM Coding Update
- More ICD-10-CM Coding Update
- Case Scenarios
12:00 pm Lunch (included)
1:00 pm Program
- ICD-10-PCS Official Coding Guideline Update
- ICD-10-PCS Coding Update
- More ICD-10-PCS Coding Update
- Case Scenarios
- Final Summary for the Day
- Final Questions
3:45 pm Adjournment
Who Should Attend
This educational program is appropriate for HIM coding professionals in any health care setting, as well as coding auditors, coding educators, coding compliance staff, reimbursement & data analysts, and clinical documentation improvement specialists.
This program has been approved for 6 continuing education units (CEUs) for use in fulfilling the continuation education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). Approved by American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) for coding-related programs only.
HIIM Domain: Clinical Data Management and Clinical Foundations