Getting the Right People into the Right Roles
Your client organization understands accountability and authority. They have a model that has been implemented and well understood. As an organization they understand managerial leadership, and the importance of managers doing their managerial leadership work.
Is this enough? Maybe not. This session is about capable individuals. How can organizations ensure that when managerial appointments are made, that these individuals are fully equipped for success.
In this session we will explore two factors that are related to high performance in organizations:
- the correct organization design and
- an effective talent pool system.
Having the right organization design requires an understanding of complexity of work, and how it is different at different levels of the organization. The recruitment and job assignment processes must then appropriately match managers to positions taking into account this complexity of work by appropriately aligning the candidates’ capabilities to do the work.
An effective Talent Pool system helps to ensure that managers have the right knowledge and skills, will value the work of management and do managerial work, and most importantly, have capability that is higher than their subordinates and appropriate to the complexity of work their role requires.
- Participants will be able to identify organizational performance issues that result from errors in assigning people to roles
- Participants will be able to coach CEOs and executives on the importance of understanding complexity of work and human capability as key factors in recruitment.
- Read the white paper, The Three Capabilities of an Effective Manager
- Come prepared to share at least one example in a client organization where an individual is failing in their role because of a mismatch of capabilities to role requirements
- List key insights and understandings that you gained from this session about understanding and/or assessing how to better match people to roles
- Think about your current clients. What can you do to help advise them on organization design issues they may face?
Think about your current clients. What can you do to help your clients understand the role of a good talent pool review process, and what may be missing from theirs?
About the Instructor:
Dwight Mihalicz helps organizations improve performance. He focuses on manger effectiveness, ensuring that all managers, from the CEO to the front line, are focused on their key strategic priorities and have the accountability and authority required for success.
Dwight has founded and is President of Effective Managers™, a management consulting firm based in Canada, providing services globally. The firm uses the Effective Managers™ Survey to assess manager effectiveness, and The Effective Point of Accountability® to help organizations focus managers on the right work while breaking down silos.
He is also Chair of ICMCI (CMC-Global), of which CMC-Canada is one of its 50 members.
Date: October 30, 2019
Times: 2pm - 4pm EST
Delivery: Online. This webinar will include both presentation from the instructor as well facilitated discussions with the participants. This format will enhance the learning experience for all.
CPD: 2 points
(before Oct 17)
(after Oct 17)
|Student Member Price
This four-part webinar series will be of value to consultants in all stages of their careers. It will introduce them to new ways of using existing skills sets to provide more value to clients. It will also provide knowledge that consultants can use to reinforce their trusted-advisor status with clients by showing how existing skills can be applied to diagnose root-cause issues in more effective ways.
This content has been designed specifically for management consultants. Each session is independent of the others, but taken together the three sessions provide an insight into an effective overall performance improvement methodology.
Other webinars in this series:
For more information on the Effective Managers™ Master Class series, FREE introduction can be accessed on-demand.
September 11 Master Class: Organizational Accountability and Authority
September 25 Master Class: Effective Managerial Leadership
On-demand Master Class: Key Insights to Organizational Effectiveness - COMING SOON!