Dynamic and interactive, the Essentials of Management Consulting (EMC) course is valuable to management consultants wanting to deliver superior value to their clients, to anyone who is considering becoming a management consultant, and to any member who is pursuing the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation.
The Essentials of Management Consulting focuses on three core consulting competencies:
- Helping clients assess their current situation, including the business challenges and opportunities they can address to improve upon the present.
- Helping clients develop strategies for growth and development.
- Helping clients address change management processes while implementing recommendations.
To develop your strengths in these areas, the course covers:
- The five stages of the consulting process and the deliverables associated with each stage.
- Introduction to consulting tools and techniques used during the various stages of the consulting process especially in Diagnosis and Action Planning.
- The importance of considering all six functional areas of organization management (Human Resources, Strategic Planning, Finance, Operations, Information Technology, and Marketing) during a consulting assignment.
- Teamwork using Tuckman's forming, storming, norming, performing (and adjourning) model, including teambuilding tools and techniques and opportunities for both co-located and virtual teamwork activities.
- Client Communications, including simulated milestone presentations and meetings with a client and key written reports associated with the consulting process.
- Change Management, including tools and techniques related to assessing change readiness and understanding absorptive capacity.
Essentials of Management Consulting is a required course to become a Certified Management Consultants (CMC). To learn more about becoming a CMC, click here.
This course is taught by Sheila Carruthers, MBA, FCMC, SCMP
Dates: Thursday Nov 21 to Saturday 23, 2019
Times: 9am - 5pm
Location: 125 9th Avenue S.E., Suite 2000 - Calgary, Alberta T2P 0P6
Cost: Members - $1485; Non-members - $1875
Cancellations received in writing on or before November 15, 2019 will be refunded the full amount. After November 15, 2019 a $200 administrative fee will apply for cancellation or transfer to an alternate course.