Competency Focus: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
As discussed in our recent report on collecting and using demographic data, the practice is somewhat scattershot across the field and not widely understood or used to help grantmakers understand their giving. But for philanthropy to advance equity in all communities, especially low-income communities and communities of color, it needs to be able to understand the demographics of the organizations being funded (and declined), the people being served, and the communities impacted. That data should be used to assess practices and drive decision making.
Join us for a webinar to discuss our report, a report by the Center for Effective Philanthropy on nonprofit diversity efforts, and the work that GuideStar is doing to help foundations and nonprofits share the diversity work that is necessary for more inclusive partnerships.
- Learn the key importance of collecting and using demographic data in their grantmaking
- Understand how nonprofits are thinking about diversity and how foundations can help these efforts
- Hear about plans to make collecting and using demographic data easier and more standardized for the field.
- Michelle Greanias, Executive Director of PEAK Grantmaking
- Ellie Buteau, Vice Rresident for Research at CEP
- Jasmine Marrow, Director of Nonprofit Strategy at GuideStar
- Moderator: Nikki Powell, Effective Practices Director at PEAK Grantmaking
*webinar will be recorded*
*refunds not allowed*