Region V Regional Meeting | Dallas Center & Des Moines, IA
Iowa Arbors & Botanicals Tour
Friday, June 2 - Saturday, June 3
Join Region V GWA members for two days of arbors, botanicals and more at two upcoming-and-coming Iowa institutions, The Brenton Arboretum and Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden. Events will also include a Connect Meeting and Trunk Show.
Friday, June 2 | The Brenton Arboretum
25141 260th Street, Dallas Center, Iowa 50063
||Registration & Networking
Program: "The Brenton Arboretum: Past, Present, & Future"
- Speakers: Melissa Burdick, executive director, and Andy Schmitz, director of horticulture and general manager, The Brenton Arboretum
||(Optional) Tour of The Brenton Arboretum
- Andy Schmitz will lead a tour of the Brenton with stops along the way (walking or riding options available)
||Depart Brenton Arboretum for Embassy Club West
GWA Connect Meeting, Middle Lounge of Embassy Club West
520 Market St, West Des Moines, IA 50266
- Enjoy the first round of drinks compliments of Bailey Nursery, Inc.
- Cash bar (The Embassy Club will arrange for separate checks and GWA members can use their credit cards to pay for their own beverages),
- Relax waterside.
- Visit Chef Michael Bailey's farm-to-table garden.
- See what Yelp! has to say: https://www.yelp.com/biz/des-moines-embassy-club-west-west-des-moines
- Consider eating dinner at the Embassy Club after the Connect meeting.
Saturday, June 3 | Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden
909 Robert D. Ray Drive, Des Moines, IA 50309
||Early Morning Photoshoot
||Continental breakfast sponsored by Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden with welcome from Stephanie Jutila, president and CEO.
Program: "Plant Exploration at the Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden"
- Speaker: Kelly Norris, director of horticulture
Region V Meeting
- Led by Bill Johnson, Region V National Director
||Trunk Show & Door Prizes - Rita Perea, Region V Director
Group lunch in Trellis at Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden
- Trellis will arrange for separate checks
- Space limited to 15 members, first-come, first-serve
- Many lunch options are also available in the Historic East Village and Downtown Des Moines
Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines
205 S 64th St, West Des Moines, IA 50266
Our event hotel will be close to our Region V Connect meeting. Enjoy the following amenities at the Hilton Garden Inn West Des Moines:
- Special GWA room rate of $109 per night for a King room for both June 1 and June 2.
- Coupon for complimentary breakfast buffet (with omelet bar) will be issued at check in.
Two easy ways to reserve your hotel room:
- Call the hotel front desk directly at (515) 223-0571. Mention GWA and use the code: GWR
- Click here to use our Hilton Garden Inn/GWA link and enter the code GWR
Register soon…Hotel room block reserved until May 11, 2017.
- Bailey Nursery, Inc.
- The Brenton Arboretum
- Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden
Questions? Contact a member of your GWA Region V Leadership team:
- Early Registration: Friday, May 5
- Regular Registration: Friday, May 26
Cancelation requests received in writing by Friday, May 19 will be subject to a 25% cancelation fee, which will be deducted from the refund. No refunds will be made after Friday, May 19. Substitutions will be permitted with no penalties.