Connect (& More): GWA @ Cultivate'17
Saturday, July 15 - Tuesday, July 18
GWA will again have a major presence at the horticulture industry’s largest trade show, Cultivate’17 (#Cultivate17). GWA's Association Outreach Committee has again arranged for GWA members to gain special access to the trade show, education sessions and other valuable networking events. Let’s see if we can set some records for GWA presence this year! GWA Members Qualified for Complimentary Registration at must-attend Cultivate’17.
AmericanHort, the association that organizes the Cultivate show, has generously granted GWA members a special complimentary pass worth $350. The educational sessions and tours begin on Saturday, July 15. The trade show runs Sunday, July 16 through Tuesday, July 18.
Just a Few of the Many Events...
- GWA Power Hour - Saturday, July 15 4-5pm
- OSU Trials - 5-7pm on Saturday and 5-7pm Monday
- Block Party - 5-6pm Sunday
- Franklin Park Conservatory tour - 5:15-7:30pm Sunday
- Evening of Excellence Awards - 5pm Monday, July 17
- GWA Connect Meeting- Tuesday 7/18 9:30 - 10:30 AM
- Registration opens Tuesday, March 7, 2017
- Registration Deadline: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
- Use promo code: GWAWrites
Registration for cultivate is now open at http://cultivate17.org/.
Listen to what these members had to say about the benefits of attending Cultivate...
“GWA members should attend Cultivate to find out the latest and greatest plants and other merchandise coming on the market; what the industry is doing for some of the gardener’s problems or concerns, such as neonics and other pesticides. It is an opportunity to meet breeders and marketers face-to-face. Having garden writers attend also tells the industry that we are interested in what they are doing and that can only help develop and strengthen our relationship with breeders, marketers and others.” - Jo Ellen Meyers Sharp
“Cultivate is an important event for me to stay current on the state of our industry. Not only is the plant and product round-up at the trade show extensive, but the people and stories behind those plants and products are right there and excited to tell you about what's going on in their area of horticulture.” - Megan Hughes
“Cultivate is like no other ‘trade show’ I’ve ever attended. It was beautifully and artistically laid out, which is enough to get the creative mind pumping. In addition, there were constant educational opportunities, both longer in-depth topics and topics that could be covered almost in ‘bullet point’ fashion to allow the vendors to also gather education, inspiration and new ideas. I felt I was in a place where the world of Horticulture was moving FORWARD, looking toward an exciting future where not just new items are shown, but also different concepts for sharing possibilities for all the consumers and their homes and gardens, no matter their age group. All that and more PLUS connecting with GWA members and future members made it an awe inspiring experience!” - Becky Heath
“Cultivate is a very beneficial show for garden writers!
1. Great networking with other GWA members, breeders, growers, etc.etc.
2. I was invited to speak at two different events. Would not have happened had I not been there.
3. It’s a chance to keep up to date on what's coming down the pike. If you can't get to Spring Trials, this is an alternative.” - Ruth Clausen
Additional details coming soon!