To collect, evaluate, disseminate information on issues dealing with Food Protection. This shall be accomplished by committee working groups organized to address specific issues.
Activities for the Committee
* Establish subcommittee structure to cover the following areas:
* Integrated Pest Management and Product Protection.
* Encourage appropriate government agencies, academic and industry involvement in the research and implementation of food protection technologies.
* Monitor and, when necessary, comment on the food protection regulatory research activities of government agencies.
* Communicate structural equipment design and installation needs to suppliers of equipment, products and services.
* Identify speakers on food protection for the annual technical conference and district meetings.
* Provide food protection articles for IAOM Bulletin.
* Review and, when necessary, modify these sections of the IAOM.
* Respond to food protection questions put forth by IAOM members.