Sept 13- Telecommunications
New FCC Small Cell Zoning Rules
**Date subject to change depending on new FCC rule issuance on small cells in the rights of way and zoning**
The FCC will soon be issuing orders regarding "small" cell towers and towers in the rights of way, and to some extent cell tower zoning generally. Municipal rights and authority are expected to significantly affected. The program will provide a summary of the orders with suggestions on how to proceed from John Pestle, Esq. and Jonathan Kramer, Esq., both highly experienced local government telecommunications attorneys.
Among the items the FCC has under consideration are:
- All shot clocks 60 days
- Deemed granted remedy for exceeding 60 days
- Moratoria prohibited
- Consideration of alternative sites limited
- Limiting aesthetic conditioning or denials
- Utility undergrounding laws preempted
- Few, low or no fees to use rights of way, public property
- "Clarification" of the FCC's 2014 Wireless Siting Order on modifications to existing cell sites.
Handouts will include PowerPoints and copies of the relevant FCC orders. A lively and interactive Question and Answer session will follow the presentation.
Speakers: John Pestle & Jonathan Kramer
Click here to view the speaker's bios